𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 8

FEW DAYS LATER
KALI

"I'm really happy you agreed to be my patient Mrs. Hyde."

She chuckled softly, "please, call me Anne. No need to be so formal with me." She smiled.

"Anne it is then, I'll give you a simple run down of the medication okay?" She nodded.

"Basically you take one a day, I started you off with a low dose because well we can see how your body reacts to the low dose." She looked at the pill bottle, "once a day, got it doctor."

"If you experience any discomfort or anything of that sort, please let me know. Your sons might actually kill me if something happens to you."

"Kian and Kieran are all talk, but I do want to ask you something. Take a seat." She said.

I sat across from her, "yes?"

"Is Kieran..treating you alright?"

I should be honest with her at least.

"Kieran and I-well we're together only because it benefits both of us. I needed my divorce to go through quickly because my ex's family was dragging it on and Kieran needed someone who would find a cure for you."

"There's no love between you both?"

"I'll be honest, I don't think so. Kieran is hung up on Rachel, and I just got out of a really bad young marriage. The relationship is really just for show and benefits."

She didn't look happy with that.

I don't particularly have a strong desire to be in an actual relationship and all that with him. I need to know him a bit more too, there's his looks but that's it right now.

"Can I tell you something?" She asked.

I nodded, "Rachel is a bad person, not just because of what she did the other day to you but she's someone I really wish Kieran never got involved with."

"Did something happen? I knew back in high school Rachel was that one girl who thought the whole world revolved around her but did she hurt him?"

"Yes, she did. Mentally and emotionally but he tells himself that she didn't hurt him..I just want him to be happy. His head is always wrapped around work, Elise is the only person that keeps him grounded."

"I can see, he's a really great dad."

"Yes, Elise is his everything. Do me a favour Kali, even if you guys are fake dating..don't hurt Elise. She's been hurt with he fact Rachel didn't want her, I don't want her to suffer that type of feeling again."

I gulped, I feel sorry for Kieran and Elise.

"I'll make you a promise Anne, I promise to do whatever I can to make them both happy."

She smiled, "Thank you, I hope you'll be happy too Kali."

I don't know if I can feel that type of happiness again, it was all taken from me with Nathaniel.

I smiled, "I'll try."

I drove to a parking lot, I turned the car off and held the steering wheel.

I placed my head on the steering wheel and sighed.

What have I gotten myself into? Something that wasn't even supposed to be this deep ends up going deeper than I thought it would. I didn't expect his mom to be that way towards me.

I made such a stupid promise thinking I'll be able to fulfill it, I have enough on my plate. I can't be bothered with my emotions, and making two people who I barely know happy? Just what the hell am I thinking?

My phone started to buzz, I reached into my purse and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Elise..hospital.." Kieran, "Kieran what? Speak-.."

"We got into an accident and she's badly hurt."

I started my car, "which hospital? I'll be there."