𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 10

3 MONTHS LATERKALI

3 MONTHS LATER
KALI

Christmas is rolling around, can't believe it's almost the end of the year.

"The medication seems to be working really well Anne, how are you feeling?"

She looked so much more lively, and more full of colour. "I feel really good actually, I can do daily tasks and even drive again. I have more energy than before too."

I smiled hearing that, "I'm really happy to hear that! And I do have good news for you."

She looked at me, "what's the good news?"

"When the doctors ran a scan on you, I asked them to send me the scan images and it looks like the tumour isn't there anymore. I need to monitor you a bit more but you're cancer free!"

She looked surprised, shocked even.

"Are you serious? Is that really true?!"

"Everything shows that you are, of course you'll need to let me know if anything changes but yes it's true."

She stood up and hugged me, she started crying.

I hugged her back, "thank you..this is amazing as Christmas nears." She said through her tears.

Anne is such a kind soul, Kieran and Kian are lucky to have her as their mother.

The company I needed to run the medication through started sending me apologies for turning me down. Since Anne's condition improved a lot, the public had been monitoring her and well it's safe to say I reached my end of the deal.

Over these months I got to know Kieran a bit better, and I got to know Elise. I suppressed my feelings for him, it was hard but I think I've done a good job.

I'll probably leave in the new year, there's no reason for me to stay with him anymore.

It'll go back to just a weekly therapy visit, and that's it. But why do I feel disappointed?

I got back to his place, the atmosphere was heavy.

It looks like Kian, Kieran, Angel and Jacob were all in a serious mode.

Kieran looked the most deranged, our eyes met when I walked into the kitchen.

"Elise is sick." He spoke.

"It's flu season, it's a common thing for children to experience?"

My answer seemed to piss him off, he walked over to me and ended up having his gun against my chest. Cocked it too.

The look on his eyes were dark, "Kieran put the fucking gun down, that's uncalled for." Kian said.

"It's fine." I told him.

They looked at the two of us, concerned for me and hatred but understanding for Kieran.

"Help her." He said.

"If you put your gun down sure, if you end up killing me I can't help you." I kept my tone neutral despite being completely scared for my life.

He put the safety back on and put his gun away, fear turned into anger. So I slapped him, he didn't react to that.

"Pull that shit on me again and I won't help you ever, I already held up my end of the deal but since it's Elise I'll do you this one out of what little fucking kindness I have in my heart."