𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 30

A MONTH LATER
KIERAN

I never realized how many issues someone could have, I'm not judging but some of the issues could have been avoided. Anyways it's not my place to judge.

It always feels good to come home after a day at work, I would relax but I don't see Kali anywhere downstairs so she's probably upstairs which is odd because she's normally downstairs.

I went up the stairs after hanging up my things up, it was faint but I could hear crying from our room.

I rushed to it and opened the door, Kali was sitting against the wall with her head in her hands, in front of her was the scale.

That fucking scale.

I rushed over to her, "Kali? Hey, hey I'm right here, look at me." I said, gradually moving her hands from her face.

I hugged her, if it's anything from what I guess it's that she's not happy she gained weight.

"What's the matter?" I asked while caressing her head that was resting against my chest as she sniffled.

"I gained so much! I hate this..I fucking hate it."

This all goes back to high school, this only brought the guilt back.

"There's nothing wrong with gaining weight baby, they say gaining weight in a relationship is healthy."

"you're gonna leave me if I get bigger, no one is gonna even like me if I'm big."

Leave her because of weight? She's thinking of boys, not men. But I see why she thinks this, the bullying from high school still resonates with her and that's completely on me and my group.

"I won't leave you, ever. Kali none of us are children, weight doesn't matter to us. I know you're hurt from the past, I know it's why you think like this but I need you to know that gaining weight is perfectly okay."

She looked at me with pleading like eyes.

I used my other hand to caress her cheek and wipe the tears, god I feel horrible that I can't heal this part of her.

I can't heal her, I can only make her feel better about herself.

I got up an put my hand out to her, "come, get up."

She took my hand and got up, I picked her up "Kieran-!"

And tossed her onto the bed, I threw her too far in so I grabbed her legs and pulled her closer to me.

"Shirt off my love." I told her.

She was hesitant but did it.

Gosh she's fucking beautiful, of course there's those scars but that's even more to love about her.

She was holding her stomach, I moved her hands and pinned them above her head with one hand while using my other hand to center her before getting on top of her.

I leaned down to her, just inches from her face.

"Let me tell you one thing, your looks don't equal the person you are. They never will, but Kali.. baby you are really beautiful in every way and I'm not saying that out of any kind of pity. I'm saying this because it's genuinely what I think."

I kissed her neck, trailing kisses down to her chest. Then kissing down her abdomen, "you're beautiful." I said between every kiss on her body.

"You really won't leave me..?" Her voice was softer and hoarse, I made my way back up to her.

"Never, you'll have to get rid of me if you want me to ever leave you. And that's a task that you will never get through. We will get married one day, and live till we're old and grey."

She laughed a bit, good. I'm glad she found it funny.

Her smile is everything, the way her dimples appear whenever she smiled slightly, the way her face looks brighter every time she's smiling..

I'm madly in love with Kali, and it's all hitting me now.

I leaned down and pecked her lips, "Thank you...Kieran."

"For what? Stating the obvious?" She shook her head.

"No, for giving me the comfort I never had."

Dagger one to the heart was when she cried, dagger two was the guilt and now this was dagger three.

"You are perfect, think what you want but all you need to listen to is what I tell you. And I'm telling you that you're perfect, you're amazing and that weight means nothing. Got it?"

She nodded.

"What should I do with you if you start this again Hm?" She laughed even more, music to my ears.

God I love this woman so much that it might just kill me.