𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 20

2 MONTHS
KALI

I moved in with Kieran again

I mentally curse myself everyday for agreeing to it.

The room I stayed in before was the same, the clothes and everything remained the way it was.

I've kept Kieran at a distance but not at the same time, I speak to him on a daily basis but I still haven't forgiven him and he knows that.

"My trip to South America is coming up."

Kieran and I were at a Café, "when is it?" He asked while sipping his coffee, "I haven't set one yet but it'll be in mid April."

"Which country?"

"There's a lot that's undecided right now."

"Can I give you some advice?"

"You? give me advice? What's this advice?" I asked.

"You just finished one deal, I get you want it worldwide but it didn't reach all of Europe yet. Give it a year, then go on and do South America."

His advice wasn't so bad, Maybe I'm doubting him too much.

"That's not such a bad idea."

"I'm useful, aren't I?"

"Aside from this, I just wanna know why you've now taken an interest in me? After everything, it still makes me wonder why."

"I'll be honest, it's the guilt and well I'm interested in you."

"And before you accuse me, not it's not because you're skinny. I told you before, I was actually interested in you but too cocky and full of myself to even speak to you."

As a person who used to be on the bigger side, hearing that the crush I used to have was interested in me makes me not believe it.

"What makes you think I'll believe you?"

He sighed, "that's up to you if you believe me, I won't make you believe me. But I really was interested."

"If you really were you would've at least made an attempt to speak to me in private if you were so worried about your reputation. But I'm glad you didn't, I don't think I'd be able to stand someone who wouldn't want to show me off."

He took my hand, "then let me do that now."

I shook my head, "I can't do let you do that, the little girl in me resents you. It's unfair to her."

"How do I make it up to her? Because I'm willing to try."

Was he really serious about me? I know we aren't stupid teenagers anymore and he knows how much his words mean.

"You want-you want to make it up to her?"

He nodded, "I do, I want her to be okay with me."

I'm speechless.

Maybe I could-just could give him a chance this once.

"Okay, but I'm not generous with chances."

He smiled, he was happy.

"I just need one chance, that's all."

Is this guy really a mob boss? He should be scary, but he's not.

"I guess you have that chance then, use it wisely."

He nodded, "you won't regret it, just know that. I'll definitely make up for everything I've done and show you a new world."