CHAPTER 1

Kol

My head hurt so much, I don't even remember how I got here. Where was I even? My eyes opened to an unfamiliar ceiling, I looked under the sheets and I was completely naked. I groaned and looked to my side to find some blonde girl laying there, I rolled my eyes and stood up. I looked around her room for my boxers and quickly put them on, before she could wake up I was fully clothed and out of her apartment.

I don't even remember how I got there, all I know is that I was at a bar last night and had too much to drink. I looked at my wrist watch and I was sure gonna be late for work, so I'll just go home and shower then change and be extra late.

I don't live with my parents anymore, I'm actually back at my old city because I got a job there. I turned 22 yesterday that was the only reason why I went to the bar. I don't really drink that much, when I got to my apartment I quickly went to shower. The cold water has woken me up fully I brushed my teeth and combed my short ginger hair, as for my outfit, I work in a law company I'm a political scientist, it sounds hard. Well, it is and I regret the day where I let my parents choose my path for me.

I started my bachelor's degree when I was 18 now four years and a half later I got a job opportunity. To explain it to you more, a political scientist studies the origin, development, and operation of political systems. We literally analyze governments, policies and even more complicated stuff.

In the company, my role is to go over the papers study them and make sure everything is correct and on point. So I have to analyze and fix every problem that the company has, and I have to propose options and new ideas on how to avoid getting into that problem again.

Too much thinking I tell you that. The thing interesting and also scary about this job is sometimes I get private papers, that were directly forwarded to me from the state to translate and make sure they're safe and correct. So if anything gets publicly known or in the wrong hands, I'll get fired or worse, killed.

"Kol!" I heard my boss yell as soon as I step inside the office, I sigh. She was so annoying, attractive I might say, but very fuckin annoying.

"Yes Ms. Sanders" I said walking in her office, I felt her eyes gawk at me and I felt the urge to roll my eyes. She's been purposely doing this to make me uncomfortable, I was literally wearing a suit, nothing special. A simple black suit and I didn't even have time to fix my tie or hair, so it was just hanging around my neck while my short hair was a bit messy.

"You're late...again" she said walking closer to me, I sighed and looked down trying to keep myself calm. She brushed against me and closed the door behind, I knew where she was going with this. Her hand landed on my back and I stiffened at the contact, she'd call me in her office to "discuss" things and then she'll feel me up while pretending to do work.

"Why were you late, Kol?" She asked, I wasn't about to tell my boss I slept with someone and forgot to set an alarm because I was too drunk.

"My alarm didn't go off" I replied shortly while taking a step away from her, trying to tell her that I wasn't comfortable with her touching me. Her hand went to my neck and she traced it, I was taller than her so when she stood in front of me I saw her looking up at me so I took a step back.

"Are we done here?" I said glaring at her, she smirked and rolled her eyes. She shooed me away and I quickly got out, I hated her so much. I knew she was married, she had the ring on her finger for fuck's sake but of course she didn't care.

At lunch break I decided to go to a restaurant next to the company to have lunch there, the job paid well and my parents were doing great after my dad's promotion. I stepped on the cigarette I was smoking and walked inside the restaurant.

"A table for one, please" I said to the waiter, he nodded and guided me to an empty table. I read through the menu, I was pretty hungry since I didn't have breakfast this morning. For some reason I had the urge to look up, I fought it for a moment but then I gave up and let my eyes go where they wanted to.

In front of me sat a gorgeous woman, her blonde hair was wavy and gently brushing against her long arms. She was talking to the man accompanying her, he was a big bulky guy with tattoos all over his neck.

She was reading through the menu as well, so I couldn't really see her whole face. She was wearing a silver tight dress and I could see her long leg crossed over the other.

I guess she felt someone was watching her and she looked up. Her eyes met mine for a moment and my breath hitched, I couldn't move my eyes away as the familiar icy blue eyes stared back at me with confusion. She didn't change at all, not one bit, did she even age?

Her eyes looked away and I missed them on me, I forgot about the food or the hunger and I was just looking at her dumbfounded. I watched as she spoke to the man and he nodded before getting up and left.

What should I do now? Should I go talk to her? Does she even remember me? I should stop staring now, the waiter came to take my order and I closed the menu and handed it back to him. I was too shy to look back up at her so I pretended to be busy on my phone while I waited for my food.

I felt someone move towards me and I thought it was the waiter who came back so fast. I looked up and the blonde was standing right in front of me with a curious look trying to intimidate me. She didn't, she just gave me a nice view of her nice body. From her long legs to her soft looking neck and collarbone, Curved by the gods...literally.

"You look familiar" god her voice sounded so soft, what am I supposed to do when the most gorgeous woman is standing here speaking to me. I smiled first then locked my phone, I pushed the chair back softly and stood up.

And to think she was tall when I was a kid...

She barely reached my shoulders, she was taken back by my height but soon composed herself. I gave her my hand to shake and she stared it but didn't move.

"Miss Valentina. I'm Kol, I don't think you remember me. I was the kid from across the street" I explained about to let my hand drop to my side when she grabbed it in a soft hand shake. Her long fingers and black painted nails were still very soft and pretty to look at.

"Kol? Wow, you've changed so much. You look so different yet so familiar" she said with a small smile, I chuckled and looked down putting my hands in my pockets, a nervous habit I have.

"I hope for the better..." I said with a shy smile, I was sure my cheeks were red by now and she noticed because I could see her smirk before it turned to a smile.

"Definitely" she replied catching me off guard, I looked up at her in surprise and I saw her eyes scan every spot on my body which was making me very nervous. I looked at my wrist watch and I saw that I still had an hour before I had to go back to work so I invited her to sit with me.

"Please, sit with me. I have some time before I have to go back to work" I walked behind her and pulled the chair for her. I noticed that the dress didn't cover her back at all, it looked so soft and defined, I wanted to touch it so bad but I stopped myself.

She sat down with a small smile on her face, I noticed her cheeks got slightly tinted with a shade of pink and bit my lip trying to hide my smile.

We spent that hour enjoying each other's company, talking about how she's been and where me and my family moved out to. I had a very nice lunch with her I admit, and I think whatever I was burying for the past years is started to dig itself out...

******************************************
Chap 1 let's go!

I hope you liked it.

Muah,

-S