CHAPTER 19

Kol

I woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink, my stomach was giving a bit of pain prohibiting me from catching a glimpse of sleep. So I decided to get some of Sasha's special juice. Vodka.

I grabbed the bottle from the cabinet along with a glass and poured myself some of the alcoholic drink. I took a sip grimacing at the strong taste but soon my taste buds got used to it.

I started thinking about what Valentina said, if she was indeed on those papers, on that list that only had dead agents. It means she's either a missing person according to these documents, and she's been told a lie.

Or, someone has been lying. Someone lied about Valentina being dead, someone gave false information which lead to her being added to this. Who'd do that? Who'd lie about an agent being dead when they weren't. Damn this vodka really had me thinking.

Maybe someone jealous of her work? Someone who'd want to take credit for what she does? Someone perhaps close, someone like...

"Igor" I mumbled, I heard a dark chuckle behind me making me jump. A figure standing in the dark, they took a step forward and I saw his ugly face.

"Oh c'mon, can I have a break?" I asked with a frustrated sigh, he put his hand in his pocket and I stood up straight in alert.

"I've had enough of you, Kol. She was the only barrier between me and power, but..." He pointed to the stairs, I saw another dark figure pulling Valentina down.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled, she was in her underwear and an oversized shirt. She had a piece of cloth in her mouth preventing her from speaking and her hands were tied behind her back.

"You want the documents? You can have them, I don't care anymore" I said putting my hands up, he shook his head no and chuckled. He walked closer to me.

"I want to make that list complete, there was one person who isn't dead" He smiled creepily, I immediately understood what he meant. I noticed the vodka bottle on my right, I should use it to hit him then I'll see what I can do.

"Because, why kill a good agent when you take credit for their work. But now that she knows, I can't keep her alive anymore" he stated proudly,

"First of all, you should be ashamed..." I started trying to distract him, he gave me a confused look.

"You shouldn't be going out there with that hairline, if it was up to me I'd put your name in that list just for that haircut" his eyes switched from confused to angry in a second, he took another step closer trying to intimidate me but I took that moment to grab the half filled vodka bottle and smashed it on his head breaking it into pieces. He fell to the ground unconscious.

I remembered his other friend who was holding Valentina, the head of the bottle was still in my hand so I threw it at him hoping I don't miss and hit Valentina in the face. And by the way where the fuck is Sasha when you need her.

The glass part hit the other guy in the face making him let go for a moment which gave Valentina time to head butt him in the chin, and went to a different direction hiding behind a wall. I quickly picked up Igor's gun, I've never used a gun before but I saw it in movies.

While the guy tried to grab his gun as well I closed my eyes and started shooting in his direction until I emptied the mag. I opened my eyes and he was on the ground, I walked away from Igor's unconscious body and went to check if the other person was dead, I looked down at him.

"Oh, nice shot" I said to myself after noticing the bullet hole in his head. I went to Valentina who was trying pulling on the ropes around her wrists, I dropped down next to her and started untying her, when I succeeded I unwrapped the cloth around her mouth.

"Are you okay?!" She asked holding my face in worry, I nodded and she sighed in relief and leaned her head on my shoulder. We heard a groan coming from the kitchen so I grabbed the gun but it was empty.

"Shit" she mumbled, she grabbed my hand and tried to run upstairs. We heard gun shot so we ducked and kept running. Valentina went to a different room and opened the door, we went inside and she stared looking around for something to wear. I closed the door and locked it.

"Where's Sasha?" I asked her, she put jeans and tucked her shirt in then put socks and shoes on as fast as she could. She threw shorts at me and socks, I was in boxer and a shirt, the clothes that I slept with.

"She went on a date with Sabine, and they're not back yet" she said hurriedly, we heard doors being kicked and the sound of stuff breaking and we knew he was a few doors closer. Thank god this mansion is huge.

"I dont have shoes that would fit you, and we can't go to Sasha's room." She said putting a jacket on then handed me a grey hoodie.

"Help me" she said going next to the mattress, I went to her aid and we flipped the bed over. There was a briefcase, when she opened it, it had a gun, a bullet magazine and a silencer. She loaded the gun and put it in the back of her waistband.

"Let's go, we can't stay here" she ran to the window, it was raining heavily outside. What is she even doing? She opened the window and looked outside, a sudden sound of kicking startled me.

"Valentina!" He yelled from the other side of the door, she turned to me with a panicked look then back at the window.

"We have to jump" she said, I went next to her and looked down as Igor kept kicking on the door. We were on the second floor, I took a deep breath and nodded.

"I'll go first" she said, she put one leg out then the other she was holding on to the window while facing me. She leaned and kissed me and smiled like a psycho then let go. I watched as she turned and landed on her feet before rolling on her back, fuck she's so sexy and I'm so in love with her.

"Jump!" She yelled waking me up from my day dream, the door got knocked down by Igor making my eyes go wide, I took a few steps back and just ran to window and jumped hoping for the best. I landed on my feet then hands and they absorbed the shock, I winced in pain as my left hand started to hurt so bad.

"Fuck, it hurts" I winced, Valentina ran to my side and helped me up on my feet. We heard gun shot so she started shooting at the window and we started running away from the mansion trying not to get hit. We went through the forest and I held my left wrist in pain as we tried to make it to safety.

The weather was just getting worse, and the rain was getting heavier. We climbed up the fence, well she climbed fast it took me a moment with one hand, we reached the other side of the gate but we both new we weren't safe just yet.

We kept walking trying to catch our breath, she held my hand the whole way until we reached a river. Huh? What is a river doing here? I've never seen this?

"What now?" I asked confused, Valentina was staring at the heavy tides in worry thinking of a away we could cross.

I started walking along the edge of the river trying to find a better way we could cross without drowning. From a few feet away, I heard Valentina call for me.

"Kol! he's not gonna give up. He's already on our tails and he'll be here any mom-" the sound of gunshot was heard cutting Valentina off, I looked back at her and she was staring down at her stomach, the white shirt was slowly turning red.

"Val?! No!" I watched as her body started to fall to the wrong side, I tried to run to her, to get her before she can fall in the water but it was too late, I was too far.

Another gun shot was heard and I turned to look at him one last time with tears filling up my eyes before jumping in the water after her.

*****************************************
Haha, you see friends, this is part of the story. I SWEAR, it just had to happen.

🙂

Bye!

-S