CHAPTER 13

Kol

I went to the hospital to get my eyebrow stitched, I walked inside and a nurse came to my aid and started asking me about what happened and I told her I was in a fight but it didn't matter to go after them because we came into an agreement.

"Alright, Dr. Cruz will be right with you" the nurse guided me to a room and I sat down on the bed. A few minutes later, a short hispanic woman maybe in her mid twenties walked inside. She had the name tag "Dr. Crus" on, I smiled but quickly regretted it because my face hurt.

"Shit, that stings" I winced when she started cleaning my face, she took out a curved needle and my heart started to race. Fuck, I forgot I hate needles, actually I'm terrified of them.

"Can you...just like I don't know, staple it shut" I suggested and she just smiled, her gloved fingers touched my forehead pushing it back so she can see the cut better.

"Hm no, it needs stitches" she tried to push the needle closer to my head but I backed away, she sighed and looked at me.

"You're fine, okay. Don't worry, close your eyes and I'll be done before you know it" she reassured me, I took a deep breath and nodded closing my eyes right after I felt a very painful sting in my forehead and I tried my best not to imagine needles and something else instead. And she was right, a few minutes later she was done.

"There you go" she took off her gloves and threw them in the trash, she pulled a note pad from her desk along with a pen. She stood in front of me with a blank look.

"Miss Morgan, how did this happen. I need to file a report" she said in all seriousness while holding the pen against the first page of the notepad.

"Like I told the nurse before, I was in a fight but everything is fine now." I explained, I mean it wasn't a lie I was indeed in a fight. She raised her eyebrow suspiciously at me, when she saw that I wasn't going to change my answer she sighed and put the notepad away.

"I see, well, here's your prescription. Painkillers one per day, nothing more" she handed me the signed paper and I thanked her with a smile, but before I left I had this random idea that I should ask her to go to get a drink with me because I need a distraction from Valentina.

"Eh Dr. Cruz, wanna grab a drink with me?" I said walking back to where she was standing, she rolled her eyes at my suggestion and shook her head no.

"I don't go on dates with my patients" she replied dryly,

"I never said it was a date" I replied folding my arms in front of me with a smug look, she turned to face me with a bored expression.

"You do look like you could use a drink" I stated matter of factly, she looked offended with what I said because she crossed her arms with an attitude.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" I chuckled slightly and took a step back, I wasn't going to pressure her into going for a drink, I didn't even want to do anything with her. She just seemed like good company.

I made my way to the door but I was stopped by the doctor's voice.

"Wait...my shift is over. We can go grab a coffee if you want." I heard her say and I smiled in victory. I turned to look at her and she was taking off her lab coat, if I wasn't head over heels for Valentina I'd definitely be drooling over Dr. Cruz.

"As friends..." She said as she walked past me, I chuckled at her attitude and followed after her.

Well, Sabine, Dr. Cruz first name, was actually 30 years old I would've sworn she wasn't even past 25, I guess the hispanic and black genes she has are doing wonders.

"So, Sabine... what's going on with you? You seem so...sad" we were in a near coffee shop to the hospital, it was a small place and glass windows so you could see the streets and everyone passing by.

"I'm not sad, I'm just serious" she replied taking a sip of her drink, I smiled and looked down thinking of Val. I wish things were different, I wish she didn't do what she did. I like her so much that I still doubt what those three agents said.

But what made me believe it is that the third agent was the bold guy from the restaurant, the first time I saw Valentina. He confirmed that she actually was a Russian spy and he's in an undercover mission to take her down and that I should be careful.

"Kol? Are you okay?" A hand touched my cold ones and I looked up at Sabine who had a worried look.

"Yeah I'm alright...it's just..." I sighed and leaned back on the chair looking up at the ceiling, tears are about to fall but I was holding them in. Why was I so soft for her? Why did she have this affect on me?

"If you tell me I'll tell you what's making me sad" Sabine bargained, I laughed and nodded my head and looked back at her with a smile.

"There's this woman...god I'm so in love with her" I put my hands on my face because I was embarrassed, I was tearing up in front of a stranger.

"She...she's done something, she used me to get what she wanted. But I feel so attached..." I whispered the last part feeling my voice soften, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled away from my face. Sabine had a smile on her face but it wasn't that of happiness, pity maybe.

"It's okay to cry Kol, it's okay to feel sad. This woman...did you listen to why she did it? Did you talk to her?" She asked and I took a deep breath, her hand was still in mine and I liked the comfort of it, I shook my head no.

"Maybe you should, perhaps she was forced? Don't you think?" She said making my train of thoughts move, I didn't give her a chance to explain, but I didn't ask her and she didn't answer me, she only said it was complicated. Maybe she didn't want to answer.

"I need sometime alone away from her, to think." Sabine nodded in agreement and pulled her hand away, I wiped my tears and cleared my throat.

"So, Dr. Cruz, what's going on? Why are you sad?" I asked changing the subject, she pushed her wavey brown hair behind her ear and crossed her arms.

"I'm not, I lied to you so you can talk. I'm actually the happiest human on this planet..." She said avoiding my eyes which meant she was lying.

"Really Sabine? Are you really? To me you just look like your cat died or your family disowned you..." The look on her face after I said that last sentence changed because I think I may or may have not hit a nerve.

"Oh, OH. I'm so sorry!" I quickly apologized but she just smiled sadly and wiped the falling tear from her face. Her brown eyes held sadness and I felt pity and guilt that I reminded her of a horrible past.

"They disowned me because I refused to marry a man, they said liking women is just a phase..." She whispered, we spent the morning talking about family trauma and other stuff happy stuff. I admit I had fun, I can finally say I made a friend. A good friend.

*******************************************
Hello lovely people! Here's a chapter. What do you think of our new character?

Anyways, have a good day

Muah

-S