CHAPTER 17

Kol

I noticed the same guys who visited me at the office when I went to work this morning. They've followed me all the way from my apartment to the work building. I've called Valentina to go there and she'll be finding the documents and everything I've been working on, I couldn't risk her getting in trouble.

I held on tight to my briefcase pretending that it had the documents and made my way to china town. It was the busiest place in this city, I'm sure I can buy Valentina some time to get the papers and leave.

I turned behind me to check if they were still on my tail and indeed they were. I have a feeling they assumed I've already finished my work and I'm trying to sell or give these papers to someone.

I think it was some time of festival and the streets were extra full and crowded. I started walking faster until I reached a random building and I ran inside. I could still hear them running after me but all I had in mind was running.

I went to the roof and locked the metal door behind me then started looking around for a way out, I took a glance at the edge and it was just a crowded street and if I jump I'd fall to my death.

"Fuck" I breathed out, they were trying to break the door down. I went to look from the other edge and there was a trapaulin, it's a heavy waterproof cloth that cafe shop owners put to prevent rain from soaking the terrace or whatever.

If I'm lucky enough, it'll support my heavy weight. If I'm not that lucky, I'd break a bone perhaps two and be alright. If I'm very very unlucky, I'll break my neck and die.

The roof door slammed open and the two agents ran inside, they noticed me at the edge. I waved and smiled.

"Hey!" One of them yelled but I threw the briefcase from the other side of the building and jumped down.

I'm so dumb. I wish I didn't jump, why is the fall so long, am I gonna di-

"Oh?" I said as I landed on the trapaulin, it was the scariest thing I've ever done but it wasn't that bad. I laughed in victory but my happiness was quickly gone when one of them peeked from the roof, he had his gun out and pointed at me.

"Shit!" I rolled around as he shot at me, Fuck fuck fuck, I forgot the next part of my plan, I didn't even have one. I fell face first on top of a table, I groaned in pain and looked up at the agent who was shooting at me.

"Haha! Fuck you!" I flipped him off which only made him even more upset, he shot at me again but I was already running away from there. I think the adrenaline started to wear off because a few blocks away my stomach started to hurt. I looked down and a piece of glass was pierced in my skin.

"Fuck!" Should I pull it, should I not? Fuck I'm so stupid and Valentina was right, I do need her help.  A black car was driving towards me at full speed but a few meters away it turned braking right on time. The door open and I saw the one person I've been thinking about this whole morning.

"Get in!" She yelled and I quickly did as she said trying to stay put because of the immense pain in my stomach. She started driving at full speed away from where she found me.

"F-Fuck...should I- pull it?!" I huffed out, the longer I stared at my stomach and the blood coming out the more it hurt.

"No! Don't do that! I'll call Sasha and she'll bring Sabine" Valentina leaned back and grabbed a random shirt, she handed it to me and I put it around the cut without touching the piece of glass.

"Did you get the documents?" I asked a few minutes later, she nodded and pointed to the backseats. She picked up her phone and started dialing Sasha's number.

"Good, I almost died for them" I mumbled, after a few rings Sasha picked up the phone but instead of a normal hello the sounds of moans were heard.

"What the fuck Sasha?!" Valentina said and a low chuckle came from the other end.

"What? I couldn't help myself" Sasha replied with an amused tone. We heard shuffling and a few mumbles between the russian woman and the person she's sleeping with.

"Bring Sabine back to the mansion, Kol stabbed herself on accident" Valentina said making my eyes go wide.

"I did no such thing! I fell on a table and the glass stabbed me" I explained kind of offended with what she said. Valentina rolled her eyes and Sasha just laughed at my situation.

"We're already at the mansion, just bring her" The other Russian replied to Valentina before handing up. I huffed annoyed at what she said earlier and turned my head to look out of the window.

"I didn't stab myself on accident..." I mumbled, I felt her hand on my thigh. She gently caressed it in a comforting way then her hand grabbed mine and she pulled it to her lips and gave it a gentle kiss.

"I know, it was the easiest way to explain it to Sasha"

After that, we stayed in a comfortable silence until we reached a huge gate. She pressed the doorbell button and the gates opened, a mansion started to come into our view the further we went. Valentina stopped the car and got out so she can help me out.

She put my arm on her shoulder and hers around my waist, we made our way to the door that was already open. A very worried Sabine ran to help Valentina with me then they both guided me to the couch in the living room.

"Do you have an aid kit here?" Sabine asked hurriedly and Sasha went out of my view probably to go get it. Sabine grabbed a knife that was on the table and cut my shirt open so she can see the cut better.

"Here" Sasha came back with a red box and handed it to Dr. Cruz, who immediately opened it. She put gloves on and everything she was going to need.

"I'm going to pull it out, okay?" She told me and I nodded hurriedly closing my eyes. I felt stinging around my stomach and I pursed my lips together so hard trying not to scream. I looked at the cut and blood was gushing out, my breathing started to pick up and I could hear my heart star racing.

"You're a baby" Sasha said rolling her eyes, I looked down at my stomach and it was already stitched with bandages. I looked around the place and it was dark while I was covered with a blanket.

"What the fuck happened?" I asked confused, a second I was getting the glass pulled out of my stomach and the next everything was over and I was sleeping.

"You passed out, here drink this." She handed me a glass and I took the drink from thinking it juice but I spit it right out.

"It's just vodka stop crying, pussy" Sasha mumbled pouring me more, what is wrong with this woman.

I quickly understood why she gave me the drink because a few minutes later my body felt very warm and I was relaxed, so I went back to sleep.

*************************************
Hilo! Have a great day! Or night!

Muah

-S