CHAPTER 27

Valentina

"Val! Valentina!" Someone yelled making me jump off the couch, Sabine's medical gloves were all bloody and she was crying hysterically. My heart dropped at the sight, I knew she was bringing me bad news and I wasn't ready.

"Is she..." I whispered feeling a wave of pain rush over my body, my eyes were soon filled with tears.

"I- tried...I did my best but...it was too late. I'm sorry" I dropped down feeling my legs give up on me, my heart couldn't take the pain of her loss, my brain couldn't believe what was happening. I put my head in my hands and cried my heart out in sorrow.

.
.
.
.
.

I jumped from my sleep with tears dried on my cheeks, I was on the couch covered with a light blanket. Did I pass out? What happened?

I quickly got up and went down to the basement to look for Kol, the infirmary was empty. The table was squeaky clean and so was the bed where Kol last laid wounded.

"Sasha!" I yelled, I didn't know what time it was, if it was late at night or early in the morning I just needed an explanation. Sasha ran in the room with a worried look, she looked like she was woken up from a deep sleep.

"What?" Sasha asked rubbing her eyes sleepily, she was in a nightgown and her hair was messy.

"What? What do you mean 'what'?" I asked confused, I walked closer to her and poked her chest.

"Kol is dead and you're fuckin the doctor?!" I yelled, Sasha looked at me like I just hit my head with a metal baseball bat.

"First of all don't fuckin poke me again because it's fuckin annoying, and second s-" I poked her chest again,

"Where. Is. Kol's. body?" I poked her chest with my finger with every word that left my mouth, next thing I know she punched me in the face.

"I warned you. And, who I let eat my pussy is none of your damn business" she poked my shoulder back roughly making me take a step back. My reaction was to punch her as well, so she pushed me back and we started punching each other. One hit from her and the next from me, until we were stopped by a voice.

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you two?" Sabine yelled with her arms folded, Sasha got off of me and quickly went to where Sabine stood.

"Baby, we were just having a civil conversation. Bestie to bestie" Sasha said with a smile, I stood up wiping the blood coming out of my nose. Civil she said...

"I'm sorry Val" Sabine said with a soft smile, she then glared at Sasha who just looked down like a kid being scolded by their mother.

"You should calm down, the both of you. She needs to rest" Sabine scolded the both of us, but what caught my attention was what she said last.

"What did you say?" I asked Sabine making her look at me with a confused look.

"You need to calm down?" She repeated herself but not the part I wanted to hear.

"No, the other part of the sentence" I said, walking closer to the door.

"She needs to rest?" She replied looking at Sasha as if she was asking her what was going on.

"Who are we talking about exactly?" I asked once again,

"Eh Valentina, are you feeling okay?" Sabine asked putting her hand to my forehead,

"Answer my question Sabine" I said pulling her hand away,

"Kol is resting, I told you yesterday that she was okay but you were too deep in your thoughts and you were also half way through a vodka bottle so you just igno-" I rushed past her and out of the door, I ran to the room I had in this mansion and barged inside.

I didn't believe a word Sabine said so I had to see for myself....And she was indeed telling the truth.

I stood at the door staring at the body laying on the bed, her shoulder wrapped in bandages. I put my hand over my mouth to stop the cries from coming out, happy ones. I've never thought I'd miss someone this much, but I did and I still do.

I went closer to the bed and sat on the edge, her metal arm was still attached to her and it looked fine, her other arm had a couple scratches but it seemed fine as well. She laid there looking so peaceful and beautiful. I leaned my head on her chest and just listened to her loud heartbeats.

"You almost killed me when you were the one who got drunk and got everything upside down" Sasha mumbled making me look back at her, I watched as Sabine hit her arm and glared at her for what she said.

"I think I had a dream that she didn't make it and when I woke up I thought it was reality" I said looking back at Kol, I put my hand on her warn one and gently caressed it.

"Well, I'm going back to bed" Sasha sighed while holding the ice pack closer to her cheek, soon Sabine followed after her and I stayed next to Kol holding her hand and watching her sleep, I just wanted to make sure she was okay. I laid my head back on her chest until my eyes couldn't keep up so I let them rest a bit.

***

I felt something brush against my hair so I slowly opened my eyes, I yawned looking at the source of the gentle touch to find her staring at me with a soft smile.

Without being able to contain myself I threw myself on top of her ignoring her groans and yelps of pain and just hugged her so tight, my tears fell like a waterfall and I felt like a literal kid when she wrapped her arms around me.

She kissed the top of my head and softly caressed my back, I pulled away after I felt like I hugged her enough. I smiled and wiped the tears so I can see her better.

"You didn't say it back..." was the first thing she said, I tilted my head to the side waiting for her to explain what she meant.

"I told you I loved you and you didn't say it back" she smiled, I could hear a hint of playfulness mixed with her tone so I rolled my eyes and leaned closer to her face kissing her lips gently. I missed them so much...

"You were getting shot at, so I didn't have time to say it back" I replied with a smile, she chuckled but quickly regretted it. She held her stomach in pain, she took small breaths and slowly opened her tightly shut eyes.

"Come lay next to me" she asked softly, I went to the other side and tucked myself under the covers then laid my head on her chest.

"I missed you, do you know that? I also miss having sex" she whispered followed by a soft chuckle, I pulled away glaring at her remembering that she did indeed sleep with Tiara.

"Before you say anything....it wasn't me" she defended herself, I rolled my eyes at her and laid back down.

"I'll deal with you later, when you're feeling better" I replied, but deep down I was glad she was here with me. I was happy she was alive and next to me, holding me close.

"I love you too..." I finally said enjoying her hand that was softly scratching my head.

"I know" she whispered back, I smiled and closed my eyes finally feeling at peace, finally feeling complete, with the one person I love and I care about.

**************************************
I am such a nice person :)

**************************************I am such a nice person :)

Also, the scratch on my knee isn't THAT bad. It hurts like a bitch tho, can't even move my leg 😌

Muah

-S