CHAPTER 2

Kol

She was looking at me through her long eyelashes with curiosity, I watched her as she softly and elegantly sipped on her glass of wine. While me, well, I couldn't speak or move, at some point it got so hot in here that I took off my tie and leaned back on my chair.

"Well...Kol" she said my name in a low voice, and I just swallow the spit in my mouth trying to compose myself.

"It was nice seeing you again, it's almost the end of your break right?" she grabbed my hand and pulled it closer to her, she pushed my sleeve slightly up and looked at the time on my wrist watch, and I was busy enjoying the warmth of her skin on mine. This woman right here knows exactly what she's doing to me.

"Eh yeah...maybe we could do this again, if that's okay with you" I said grabbing my tie from on top of the table, I stood up and walked to where she was sitting. She smiled and pushed her chair back a bit so she can stand up, I loved how she had to look up to catch my eyes.

I noticed that her hand had grabbed my tie, she gently threw it over my neck and under my collar and started fixing it. She looked focused on what she was doing so I took that time to enjoy her face, she had this mole on the corner of her mouth and I loved it so much, I wanted to let my fingers caress her cheeks but It was very inappropriate. I was woken up from my day dream when she grabbed my tie and pulled me down to her level.

"Sure Kol, we can do whatever you want" she whispered closer to my face, she was smirking at me while I was just there barely alive after being this close to her. Her hand digged in my top front pocket on my blazer, she pulled out my business card that I forgot I had there, how did she know I had it there?

"I saw this earlier. I'll be taking it, you know, for business. See you later ginger" she chuckled and walked out of the restaurant, who the hell is this woman? And what did she do with miss Valentina?

After gathering myself and paying for our food, I went back to the office to start working. When I walked to my desk, Ms. Sanders along with two men who were wearing suits and sunglasses, they looked like secrets agents, they stood in front of me with a briefcase.

"Kol Morgan?" One of them said, I stood up and nodded. I gave Ms. Sanders a look and she just shrugged then left me with the two men. They closed my office door and sat in the chairs in front of my desks.

"My name is agent McGraw and this is my partner agent Johnston, secret service" The taller guy who was holding the briefcase said, I nodded and gave them my hand to shake.

"Kol Morgan, Political scientist. How can I help you gentlemen" I said sitting back on my chair, they put the briefcase on my desk and opened it, the case had over a hundred of documents. I gave the men a confused look.

"This is a russian case, so many people died for these documents. Our men went inside the Kremlin and faced death to bring these, but we couldn't decipher some laws here." McGraw said handing me one of the documents, I scanned through the sentence it was some American spies who disappeared with no trace in the past few years.

"And how am I supposed to help?" I asked confused, they except me to read through these documents and find the plans Russians have? One of the documents had a long list of names, some had a red line over them.

"Those are the ones who are gone, somehow they disappeared randomly so we don't know who's next. There are hidden orders in these documents, we need you to find them and if there are names of the russian spies that could be involved in this" He explained, I was still looking through these documents there's something odd about these guys. Why would they choose a private company to do this work instead of the government since they're their men.

"All you have to do is find out their plan." His partner finally spoke, this was an interesting case. I've studied russian language as well, so I could read and speak it fluently but also this is very dangerous. If these documents fall in the wrong hands something horrible could happen.

"Alright, but what do I gain from this?" I asked putting the documents back in the case, they looked at each other and one of them put his hand in his pockets I was expecting him to take a checkbook or something but instead, he took out a gun and started putting the silencer on it.

"In return for your life" he said lowly, the blood drained from my face and I felt like my world stopped for a second. Where they for real? They ask for a favor in return I have to pay with my life. What kind of business is this?

"You have until the end of this month Morgan." He closed the case and pushed it towards me, the two men left my office like nothing happened. They said goodbye to my boss and disappeared behind the elevator doors.

"Why me?" I asked loudly and leaned my head in my hands, I should've been a teacher or something. Why did I decided to get into law and governmental issues, I wanted to be a fuckin mechanic in the first place how did my parents convince me that law was better than cars?

"What was that?" My boss asked while leaning on the door frame, I sighed and gave the most realistic smile I could do.

"I'm just tired already of how much work I have to do" I sighed and took the briefcase and put it next to my leg, Ms. Sanders gave me a suspicious look but she decided not to talk about it and left my office.

I was startled by my phone ringing, I should've kept it on silent mode. I stared at the unfamiliar phone number for a while, was it them? Would I be in trouble if I don't pick up?

"Hello?" I said after answering, the line was quiet for a moment before a raspy voice spoke. I felt relief rush over me when I knew it was Miss Valentina. Why do I keep calling her that?

"Were you excepting someone else to call?" She asked sounding disappointed, I cleared my throat and sat up straight.

"Oh no no! I'm just stuck at work, I have so much to do. Sorry" I said scratching the back of my neck awkwardly, I heard her chuckle softly even her fuckin chuckle was attractive. I'm down bad...

"Hmmm okay then, I called to make sure this was your number. I'll leave you to work then, bye" she said not giving me time to reply,

"Wait!" I said before the line could cut, I pulled the phone away from my ear and saw that she hasn't hung up just yet.

"Miss Valentina, ehm...well, would you like to... have dinner with me, sometime?" My whole body was warming up and I'm sure my pale face was red. I waited for her to say something but she didn't, I pulled the phone again to see if she was gone but she wasn't, she was still listening.

"Are you th-" I was cut off by her soft voice,

"I'd love to, and stop calling me Miss Valentina..." She replied before hanging up on me, I smiled at my phone happy that she accepted my date. I'll text her later to see when she's available and if I don't have work to do.

Honestly, it made me forget that there were people trying to murder me if I don't do the job right.

***************************************
Hello lovely people!! Here's an update I hope you liked, have a good day!!

Muah

-S