CHAPTER 12

Valentina

I walked through the building doors to where Kol works, I had to be quick to give her the phone so I can go see my friend who's going to help me with this mission.

She was an old friend I met a few years back, her name is Sasha and she's one of the greatest hackers out there and she's also wanted for hacking into a bank getting millions of dollars and just sending them to different random people's accounts. How generous of her...

"Hello how can I-" the receptionist stopped half way through her sentence when she saw me and looked down at her laptop, I smiled victoriously and made my way to the elevator.

Of course, everyone was staring, again. But I ignored them and made my way to Kol's office, the door wasn't fully shut so I pushed it open. There wasn't anyone in the room but her papers were scattered everywhere, the vase she had in the office as broken.

How did nobody notice or hear anything, the workers outside this room seemed very oblivious of the mess in Kol's office, I walked further in the room and I spotted a pair of legs.

"Oh my god, Kol" I said in surprise, I ran to her and kneeled down next to her body checking if she was still alive. Thank god, she had a pulse.

Her face was bleeding and her button shirt had some buttons ripped from it, she looked like she was brutally punched since her bottom lip was busted open while her nose was bleeding.

"Kol? Can you hear me?" I gently shook her, I can't take her to the hospital they'll ask too many questions, I brushed her hair out of her face and called her name again.

"Kol..." I whispered while touching her hand, I felt a finger brush against my skin and I sighed in relief. She groaned and tried to open her eyes, I helped her sit up while she winced in pain.

"What happened here?" I asked with a serious look, I grabbed a tissue and started cleaning the blood her face which resulted in her whining and wincing.

"Well, I tripped and hit my face on the desk" she said avoiding my eyes completely, I rolled my eyes unamused at her shitty attempt of lying.

"So you tripped starting from the door and kept on tripping knocking everything in your way including the vase next to the window..." I said sarcastically while I helped her get up on her feet, she nodded.

"Yep and my face hit everything in the way from the door to this desk and I fell on the ground which made it even worse" I folded my arms really not in the mood to joke around.

"I don't find you funny Kol, you better fuckin tell me why you look like someone used your face to scrape wallpaper" I pointed at her warningly, she sighed in surrender and sat on her chair.

"The people I work for, technically I didn't want to, they made me work for them..." I sat on her desk waiting for her to continue, she finally looked at me but she seemed unsure, I don't know how to explain it. She didn't look at me with the same admiration from this morning or the days before, she was just openly overthinking things.

"Well, they...they said you had something to do with what I'm working on right now" she started, she stood up and walked right in front of my face. I looked up at her trying not show any emotions.

"They said, you, miss Valentina, is a russian spy who wants to steal my work. I defended you, I told them it wasn't true that they're mistaken, it can't be you and of course..." she pointed to her face,

"They beat me to unconsciousness..." She said in a soft heartbroken voice, I didn't know what I'm going to tell her, does she still believe I'm not a spy? Or did she figure it out?

"Kol i-...it's complicated" I started but she just chuckled sarcastically and looked away from me. I grabbed her face gently so I don't hurt her and made her look down at me.

"So you used me Valentina? Is that what you're saying? You just went along to get what you wanted. The documents..." Her eyes started water but they were cold and broken.

"No Kol, I didn't use...I mean, I wasn't going to. At first maybe, I thought of it but then I couldn't, I wouldn't do such thing to you" I rambled out but it was too late, she didn't look like she believed a word I said. She pulled my hands away from her face and put her palm out so I gave her a confused look.

"You were probably the one who took my phone, and you're here to give it back. Right miss Valentina?" She said coldly, I put my hand in my pocket pulling her phone out and handing it to her. She snatched it out and backed away from me.

"I don't want to see you, please leave." She said looking down at her feet avoiding my eyes.

"Kol, you need my help. This is too dangerous for you, I can help you figure out whatever it is that you need from those documents" I said, I don't want her to get hurt.

I'm pretty sure they'll kill her either way because any information on those papers are confidential and if Kol finds out she's a danger to them, they'll end her before she could blink.

"I said...leave. I don't want to look at you...you've done enough." I saw the tears slide down her cheeks but she still didn't want to look at me, I took a step forward but she put her hand out and made me stop.

"I'm sure you felt very intelligent, very satisfied, while faking whatever this was..." she looked at me with disappointment while pointing between us. She walked past me and went to the door but before she left she turned her head to side and spoke once again.

"How stupid can I be to believe you'd like me back..." She mumbled and left me in her office, guilty and somewhat heartbroken. I knew what I did was wrong but I had no choice, it's my job. It's my mission, if she doesn't want to understand I'll take those papers from her then we can talk about it.

But maybe not now, I need to go see Sasha. I'll take the papers from Kol later, when I'm not feeling sad.

I got rid of the tears that I didn't know were falling and composed myself before leaving her office, all eyes were on me but not out of admiration this time, curiosity, confusion...you name it.

I got in my car and made my way to Sasha's house making sure no one was following me and that my phone was off. Her rules.

About thirty minutes later I found myself in front of a modern looking mansion with a black metal gate surrounding and protecting it from any intruders. I leaned from my window and pressed the doorbell button then waited.

"Da?" She answered through the intercom. (Da means yes).

"это Валентина" I replied in Russian. (It's Valentina)

A loud buzzing sound was heard before the gates opening and I drove in, I parked my car in her driveway then made my way to the front door. The tall dark haired woman swung the door open with a huge smile, I smiled back and hugged her tight.

"привет детка я скучал по тебе" she said kissing my head, we're very close, we always been so close since we met at the training camp years ago. (Hey babe, I missed you)

"Мне нужна ваша помощь" (I need your help)

*****************************************
Hello lovely people!

Who are you rooting for, in the Qatar's world cup 2022. I'm Moroccan so I hope my team reaches at least quarter finals 😖

I think Argentina will win this Cup.

Muah

-S