CHAPTER 22

Valentina

"How the fuck, did Igor get in your house Sasha?!" I asked in anger, I've showered and changed into much more comfortable clothes and wrapped my hand in bandages because dislocating my thumb and fixing it was so painful. We were in her office trying to figure out how this shit happened in the first place.

"Just like you escaped Val, he and his friend used Lexi not being in the yard and got in. I know I should've added the electric fence" she said with a long sigh, I was pacing around the place with my hand on my forehead.

"I noticed that not only me who was tracking Kol's phone, and when she came here it was still being tracked. That's how they found the house." She explained while still looking at her, since Igor was alive there's a high chance he kidnapped her.

"Did you check the hospital cameras?" I asked going next to her, she nodded and showed me the camera footage she saved. It showed Kol leaving the hospital making her way to the parking lot but after that she doesn't show anymore, there was a blind spot.

"Is there a different angle for this?" I pointed to the screen, she kept searching all around that area for a camera that pointed to that corner where Kol last stood.

"There..." I said when I noticed something, she went back to the last clip and I asked her to zoom in. Kol stood at the crossroad and a black car stopped in front of her, the door opened revealing Igor and another man. She looked down and put her wrists out, they both grabbed her by the wrists and shoved her harshly inside the car.

"Get me that license plate" I demanded, when the video replied I caught a glimpse of something. Long hair, a feminine figure, someone else was in that car.

"Sasha, find a camera that perhaps shows the doors of that car from the front. A different angle, where we could get a glimpse of who's inside" I know I was asking for too much, but I had a feeling Igor wasn't the one in control. Someone else who was smarter and more powerful. Someone I know. And I hope, I really hope I'm wrong.

"It's going to take a while, to search through all the cameras and it's been a week. Maybe a few hours and I'll let you know if I find anything" Sasha replied, she gently rubbed my back in a comforting way and I just sighed. I'm so stressed and afraid they might be hurting Kol, because if I'm right about who that woman is, Kol is in deep shit.

"Why are you so concerned about the woman inside that SUV, Valentina?" I heard Sasha ask, I hope I'm not right Sasha, I really do. I faced my best friend with a serious look and took a deep breath.

"I'm afraid it's....Tiara" Sasha's eyes widened in surprise,

"Oh your girl is fucked fucked not just fucked" She replied a few seconds later making me roll my eyes. I sat down on the couch with a frustrated sigh.

"You're not helping, Sasha. She could be doing stuff to her, that fuckin psycho" I replied, I'm sure you're wondering who Tiara is. Well she is the daughter of a famous scientist back at our country, we were in the same class but I was always first and she hated being second.

I graduated top of my class and she obviously was right behind me, she didn't like that. She hated it, she hated me. She actually tried to murder me in my sleep and blamed it on her sleep walking, she never sleep walks that psycho. But after our graduation I never heard of her because we were both sent to different missions.

"Well I hate to break it to you Valentina but she did chop the lab cat's legs and replaced them with metal ones." Sasha said in matter of fact, and that's exactly what I'm scared of. I didn't reply to Salsa and just kept remembering all the lab animals she killed "by accident".

"And the cat died a few days later, so she either turned your woman into a cyborg or she's already dead from a wound infection, no in between..." I put my head in my hands in frustration.

"Thank you Sasha, that was very helpful" I mumbled, she wasn't helping at all. It's already been a week and I don't even know what Tiara did to Kol.

"Relax Val, the least Tiara could do is turn Kol into a female Bucky Barnes" She chuckled but I didn't find that funny, at all.

"SASHA!" She put her hands up in surrender but I could still see the smile on her face, I rolled my eyes at this child next to me. A genius child to be exact, I huffed and leaned back against the couch.

The door opened and Sabine walked in looking tired as fuck, she dropped her bag and walked to Sasha who welcomed her with open arms, she sat on her lap and Sasha wrapped her arms around the shorter woman.

"How was work?" Sasha asked kissing the back of Sabine's head, the doctor was wearing causal clothes, jeans and a blouse.

"Thank you Sabine, for earlier" I said with a soft smile, she smiled back and brushed me off.

"Wait, what happened earlier?" Sasha asked confused,

"I pretended to attack her so I can escape, she aslo gave me her clothes" I explained but Sasha was glaring at me, I saw her hand move under the desk I sighed knowing what she was going to do.

I stared at the gun Sasha was pointing at me with a bored face, I leaned back again on the couch while staring at Sasha who was glaring at me so hard if she had laser power my head would be melting by now.

"Listen, it was her idea. But I'm so thankful that she thought about it in the first place" I explained the switching clothes part and I saw Sasha took off the safety lock, Sabine was just staring at the both of us in horror.

"You pull that shit again, I'll blow your massive head" she threatened, I rolled my eyes and nodded in agreement.

"My head isn't massive" I mumbled, Sabine put her shaky hand on Sasha's asking her to put the gun down, and she did.

"I'm fine, it was my idea to switch clothes. She wouldn't have been able to leave without them. And the cut isn't even that bad" Sabine said in a soft voice, I tilted my head confused at what she said last.

"What cut?!" Sasha and I both asked at the same time, Sabine pushed her hair back to show us her neck and I noticed a small cut on her neck where I had the knife. Shit.

"I'm so sorry!" I said with my eyes wide, as for Sasha, well...I jumped off the couch and ran for the door knowing very well Sasha won't hesitate to shoot me, I heard gun shots but I was already out and leaning against the wooden door.

Another gun shot was heard and the bullet penetrated the spot right next to my head, I looked at the hole in horror while trying to calm my heavy breathing before walking towards my room.

"She's gonna end up killing me someday"

****************************************
Hello my lovely people!!

What do you think is gonna happen?

Muah

-S