CHAPTER 21

Valentina

I laid there listening to the sound of the water that killed me, I don't remember anything except getting shot and the cold water around my body. I was in a dark place that I have no memory of.

I stared at the blue sky dazed, with no thoughts running through my head while Lexi kept me warm. I caressed the big cat and I heard her loud purrs, I don't know how long I've been laying here or how I got here in the first place but I did as she said and waited.

My body shuddered in cold and I left Lexi squish herself closer to my aching body. Everything was fading away and my body wasn't getting the warmth it needed, even though I was almost fully covered by Lexi I was so very cold and tired. Maybe I should just close my eyes and sleep until Kol gets here, just a tiny little nap.

My heart started doing a weird thump everytime I closed my eyes, I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. A few seconds later I tried to close them again and my heart did the same warning thump, as if it was telling me not to do so.

But it was bigger than me and stronger, my eyes felt heavy and I was starting to hear my own breathing then the loud thumps and thuds of my heart as everything started to fade into darkness.

"Val! Valentina!" Her voice called for me it was far away but close at the same time, the sounds and noises around me were louder than I expected. I felt myself being carried but I couldn't open my eyes.

"Valentina! Stay with me!" Her soft worried voice was heard again, something else like the sound of an engine was in the background maybe we were in a car, where are we going?

"Baby please open your eyes..." She sounded so worried, I wanted to hold her so bad and tell her that I can hear her. I slowly started to feel warm again, I don't know what was going on or what was happening but my body was happy to be getting a bit of warmth.

"That's it baby, you're alright..." She whispered, the sound was much more clearer and centered and I could tell she was on my right. I tried to reach for her with my hand but only my finger was moving.

"Valentina? Can you hear me?" She asked and I moved my finger again, I heard her sigh loudly and let out a soft chuckle relieved that I'm responding. she was talking to someone but I couldn't hear what they were saying but I was happy I can feel her hand on my finger.

"We're almost at the hospital baby" but for some reason her voice was starting to get faded, the weird heart thumps were back again and my brain suddenly started to feel sleepy followed by an unbearable chest pain I couldn't explain how bad it was.
.
.
.
.
.

My eyes slowly opened, at first the lighting was too bright but they slowly got used to it. I squeezed them shut before opening them again, the first thing I noticed was the ceiling. White, just plain white.

I turned my head to the side and there was a bouquet of flowers sat on the dresser or whatever that was next to my bed. I tried to reach for them but I couldn't.

"What?" I turned to the side and my left wrist was cuffed to the bed, I sighed in frustration and laid back on the pillow.

"Oh hey, you're awake" I looked at the door and I couldn't tell you how happy to see a familiar face. Sabine smiled at me and walked closer to the bed, she held my right hand and gently rubbed it.

"I'm glad you're awake, things are literally chaos" she sighed, I sat up and made myself comfortable then looked at her again.

"Where's Kol? Is she okay? How long have I been out?" I asked all the important questions and she just smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. Something about that smile was bad, something was wrong.

"What happened Sabine?" I said swallowing hard not ready to hear what she was about to tell me. She rubbed her forehead and looked at me.

"She disappeared, somehow. We don't know, Sasha has been looking for her for the past week but st-"

"Week?" I asked in surprise, I was out for a week? It felt like I was taking a nap for a few hours and woke up, and how can Kol just disappear out of the blue.

"The last time she was seen was last week when she brought you here, she went and go you flowers then she left the hospital and never came back" she explained, I pulled my hand trying to get the cuffs off but they only got tighter.

"I need to get out of here Sabine, get me out of here please" I demanded but she scratched her eyebrow and pointed behind, I looked up discreetly and I saw a camera pointed directly at me.

"Listen I'm going to break my thumb and get my wrist free, I'll pretend that I attacked you and I ran away." I said in a low voice, not loud enough for the cameras to catch, I don't even think the cameras have voice recorders.

"Pretend you're reading on your clipboard, act natural" I said looking at the beautiful flowers, she stood up without another word she started reading my vitals and checking the monitors while I bit my lip so hard, I grabbed my thumb and took a deep breath I started pushing it into my palm as hard as I can until I heard a loud crack.

Fuck, it hurts so bad. I winced as I passed my hand through the cuffs, I grabbed my thumb and quickly pulled it back in its place, it was the most agonizing pain. Sabine had her back turned to me, so I got off the bed slowly I grabbed a knife from tray next to the bed and put it to her neck.

"Sabine, I need you to look terrified. Okay?" She nodded her head in agreement and it probably appeared like I was threatening her.

"You won't be able to leave without my help, I'm gonna start stripping and you'll wear my clothes" she said and I let go of her, she took off the bottom of her scrubs and the crocks she was wearing and handed them to me, then she gave me her lab coat.

"I'm sorry, I'll see you at Sasha's" I said as I put the pants on along with the lab coat, I slid my feet in the crocks and backed away from the room until I was out of the door. I fast walked through the hallways reading the sighs until I reached the exit.

When I was out of the hospital, I kept running until I reached a safe distance then just started walking, I was going to Sasha's place. It was very far and my stomach didn't heal yet but I had no choice, I couldn't go to mines or Kol's. It was the first place the cops would be looking at.

Where are you Kol? I hope you're okay...

*****************************************
You guys are not ready at all...I have a great idea. 😈

Muah

-S