CHAPTER 29

*6 years later*

Kol

After Valentina and I found out she was pregnant which was about 6 years ago, we had to leave the country because we wanted something better for our baby. Sasha made sure to make us new passports and IDs that we used to travel out of there and to a different country that had no idea who we were.

We made sure to visit my parents first and tell them everything that was going on and that if they wanted to visit they can, my dad was against it at first but my mom made sure he kept his opinion to himself.

Valentina works as an assistant at a trading company, while I opened a nightclub with the money we had, we had a lot by the way, and I work as a bartender sometimes at my own club. We had decent jobs and a baby girl to take care of. Valentina named her Mallory because she liked the name and I wasn't against it. I'd still love my daughter even if she named her Robert or something weird.

Today was her birthday and Valentina and I were preparing a birthday party for her. Our daughter was so shy, like the shiest person ever. She was easily flustered and doesn't warm up to people quickly. I don't even think she makes friends at school.

"Babe?" I heard Valentina call for me, I was in the kitchen whisking the ingredients to the cake I was making for Mallory. Valentina smiled at me from the door and walked closer, she kissed me before pulling away with a big smile on her face.

"You look so cute" she said then dipped her finger in the chocolate mix, she nodded and gave me thumbs up before looking at the watch on her wrist.

"We still have time, I just finished putting the decoration and the presents. She's gonna be so happy" Valentina said sounding so excited, I put the mix into the round cake pan or cake mold as most people call it. I put it in the oven and made sure it was set on the right temperature before going back to make the icing.

"You're putting so much effort, I love it" I heard Valentina say, I smiled nodding my head. This cake had to be perfect, I want my babygirl to be happy when she sees it.

"She likes pink, so I should put pink icing right?" I asked and Val just chuckled at my nervousness and she kissed my cheek.

"She's gonna eat it even if it's burnt, you know how much she loves you" Valentina said with a soft smile,

"Okay, now leave my kitchen and let me make this perfect" I shooed her out of the kitchen and went back to work, Mallory finishes school at 4 and we still 3 hours to go, so we still had a lot of time.

After everything was done, the cake was baked and designed as cute as I could make it with pink toppings, I've put it in the fridge so it won't melt and lose the cute design until Mallory gets home.

Valentina went to fetch her from school while I got ready, I put on some black jeans and white button up shirt. The sound of the doorbell was heard and I ran downstairs, I made sure everything was in place before opening the door to find my woman and our babygirl in her arms.

Mallory had red hair just like mine but Valentina's eyes, actually she only got the hair color from me and everything else from Val. When she saw me, she dropped down on her feet and ran to me for a hug, I picked her up and kissed her chubby cheeks.

"How's my baby doing?" I asked her, we were at the door and the party room was in a different one so she still had no idea what was going on.

"I missed you momma" she said leaning her head on my shoulder making my heart swell, she was such a sweetheart.

"Wanna see what your mommies made you?" I asked catching her attention, she looked at me suspiciously before nodding her head.

"Okay close your eyes" she put her tiny hands over her eyes and I walked to the living room with Valentina behind me.