Ch 1

"Hey!"

Guts woke up. Instead of sleeping normally he had fallen asleep leaning against a stone wall of the fortress the army had taken, hugging his sword close. Looking up he could see Sir Kay, Arthur's foster sibling, smiling down at him.

"Yes?" Guts asked.

"Arthur sent me to retrieve you. Said he wanted to talk to you." Kay said with a smile before handing over a slice of meat. Guts accepted the offer and ate the food before standing up and began walking down the wooden steps after thanking Kay.

'What happened last night?' Looking around, he noticed Arthur's men laid down on the ground passed out, drunk and with a smile on their faces. 'Oh...'

-------------
(Last night)
-------------

"We are to take the fortress behind the hill." Arthur said as he sat upon his horse. Like Arthur, Guts and the rest sat upon their horses. Guts noticed Arthur's armor had changed. Instead of the rough dirty metal one that made him look like a mercenary, he now wore silver metal chest armor and gauntlets.

"We are going to raid- no-take this fort from the enemy and expand our territory!" Guts rolled his eyes. The men however cheered as Arthur made the statement. "The plan works off of my belief that the fort's main patrol is directly in front of the hill. There for we will go in from behind the fort and then gain their attention by burning most of their supplies. When the men inside the fort mount their horses and follow after us, a small detachment of our forces will circle around and secure the fort while the decoys escape."

'So send the enemy on a wild goose chase.' Guts thought to himself. While never being apart of anything other than Sieges in his mercenary career, he never took part in stealth operations. But now since he's part of Arthur's rebellion (cause of rebellion being the kid thinks he's tough shit after pulling a sword out of stone) he'll have plenty of time to hone those stealthy skills.

"The rear guard and main decoy will be..... Guts if you will." Arthur spoke making many of his men gasp.

"M-me?!" Guts asked. "Why can't you send in your entire army?! Surely you can take it over with force!"

"Of course I could." Arthur smiled as he put on his dragon shaped helmet. "But the casualties of my men would be higher than needed. And I don't want Vortigern to learn of this takeover just yet. So will you?"

"Is that an order?" Guts growled.

"It is." Arthur smiled.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Damn it, why do I get guard duty." A Saxon guard muttered to himself as he sat on a log with a blanket around him.
"It's so dark and scary, and cold. I just want to go home! Huh?" The guard stopped as he noticed small balls of light coming from the dark Forrest. "No, it's-!" Arthur rode on his horse followed by his men as they exited the Forrest carrying torches.

"INTRUDERS!" The guard yelled as he turn around and ran, holding the blanket close as Arthur and his men rode past him and towards the forts opened doors.

"SET THE FIRES!" Arthur shouted as he sliced the throats of any enemy he passed before they could try to attack.
One enemy tried to attack Arthur from the side but was impaled on Sir Kay's spear. The enemy tried to gain a foothold to stop Arthur and his men but met a quick death in attempting to do so.