Ch 59

Guts laid in a field of grass, gasping for air as he looked up at the night sky. It began to rain and all he could think of was Artoria. Her new, demonic yet godly appearance. The black scale like armor she wore, yet looked like it was apart of her very being. His friend.....his best friend.........had really done all of this, killing the loyalists and then.....!

Guts groaned and felt a tear escape his only eye. She raped him, and she didn't care. Before any anger could wash over him, he felt unease. He pushed himself up to his feet and watched as a fog creeped onto the field. Multiple glowing red eyes shined through the fog, making Guts take a step back.

"Eye....."

"Arm...."

"They're mine..."

"Liver....."

"Mine...."

"Brain......"

Guts heard the whispering of the hidden beings, taking another step back as he looked all around him. The eyes were everywhere, watching his every movement.

"YOU SHOULD TAKE HEAD...." Guts turned around and took a step back. Skull Knight stood there, sitting upon his horse. The knight looked down at him. "FROM NOW ON, THIS IS YOUR WORLD. THE BOUNDARY BETWEEN THE WORLD OF MORTALS AND THAT OF THE DEAD. THE INTERSTICE."

"It's you....from before...!" Guts gasped upon seeing the Skull Knight. His presence was intimidating. Guts's attention turned towards the side of Skull Knight, watching as someone walked out from behind the horse. His eye widened upon seeing the newcomer. "Scáthach?!"

Guts's shock didn't last for long. He heard something approaching rapidly from behind him. He turned around and grunted as a spirit phased into him.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" Guts roared as the spirit's translucent body covered his. It's red glowing eyes covered his as he roared into the knight sky.

"Steel yourself Guts!" Scáthach ordered, summoning her spear, Gae Bulge and slamming it into the ground, creating a small shockwave that knocked the spirit out of Guts. "Are you just going to let them take you like that?! Fight back coward!!!"

Guts was gasping for air. He looked back towards the spirits, they had retreated, no, they were regrouping. He held the brand on his neck, hissing in pain as it began to bleed.

"THE BRAND OF SACRIFICE...ATTRACTS CREATURES OF DARKNESS..TAKE THIS." Guts turned around and watched as Skulk knight tossed his sword at him. The man gasped upon grabbing the handle, observing it and noticed that thorns stuck out of the handle and the guard.

Guts turned around and watched as the spirits began to circle him. Some shot out of the spiral of there's and charged at Guts. The man bared his teeth and charged towards the spirits. He sliced through through them, again and again before noticing that the sword did not kill them.

'What's up with this....it's like cutting through water!' Guts thought in disbelief as he watched a spirit he sliced through twirl around before rejoining with it's lower half.

"These are the dead spirits that roam the lands." Scáthach informed him. She watched as he continued his fight against the unkillable. "They cling to life, for they are unready to fade into the afterlife. They have swarmed together in response to your brand, and have only but one desire: to take your body."