Short chapter

This is going to be rather short, just because I want to move to a specific point in the story. Don't worry, I just need to post this so I can move forward.
————————————————

Camelot, the kingdom of which Uther and Vortigern pendragon were born and raised at. It was a shining beacon of peace during Uther's reign, before Vortigern betrayed his older brother and took it from him.

Arthur and his army were stationed ten miles away from the castle. All of Arthur's men and the armies of the other kings of his men filled the empty field plains, looking like a sea of endless warriors.

Arthur stared at the kingdom with sharp eyes. Beside him were his most trusted allies: Lancelot, Kay, Ector, Leondegrance, Gaston, Merlin, Morgan, Mordred, and last but not least, Guts. All of which were tense as The two sorceresses focused on their magic.

Five nights ago, Arthur was told that Vortigern had surrendered.

"Anything?" Arthur asked, not looking away from the kingdom. Guts looked back at the two magic users who opened their eyes and shook their heads.

"No. Nothing." Guts answered. "Have me and my raiders scout the kingdom, see if they speak truth."

"That'll be unnecessary." Merlin spoke as she floated up to Guts before sitting behind him. "Because there's no army."

"Especially," Morgan spoke. "No Vortigern."

"HEAR ME!!!!" Arthur shouted, raising Caliburn into the air, the blade shining it's holy light. "MY ARMY, WE ALL CHARGE INTO CAMELOT! BE ON YOUR GUARD, DO NOT KILL CIVILIANS, AND BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING!!!!"

The entire army charged forward. No roars of war, only the sound of horses charging as the men all looked at each other with unease and confusion.

—————————-
Camelot Castle

3 hours later
—————————-

"........he's really gone."

Guts couldn't tell if Arthur was pleased or not. They had just arrived at the castle after spending three hours searching the city for a hidden army or booby trap. They arrived to the castle and found it empty, save for the maids and a note on the throne which Arthur was reading to himself.

"Years of rebellion........years of fighting........ten brutal years that befell Britain.......and he just runs away?"  Arthur's voice cracked.

"Well that's a good thing, right?" Guts asked the dragon king. "Sure, your uncle is a fucking coward, but now you have your kingdom!"

"Yes........." Arthur spoke. He put on a smile and nodded towards Guts. This was a victory, the boogeyman that had haunted Arthur's dreams surrendered to him, the man who Arthur feared the most had ran away from him. Now he could usher in a new age of peace for all of Britain. But deep down, Arthur wished Vortigern resisted.

Just so he could kill him slowly.

End

Like I said, sorry for the short chapter.