Ch 61

"Sacrifice....."

The small man growled as his muscles began to expand. Guts and the others watched as the man grew taller, Godo's, Lancelot's, and Erica's widening in a mixture of shock and horror as the man's shirt was ripped apart by the mass of his body. He destroyed the doorway of the hut, taking the appearance of a demonic pig with tusks sticking out of either side of its mouth. The face was part of its chest, mouth as wide as it's body and arms as thick as tree trunks. He wasn't as tall as Zodd, or even Wyald for that matter.

"SACRIIIFICCEEEE!!!!"

"Guts!!!" Lancelot yelled as he looked to his comrade. The purple haired knight raised his sword in defense, yet began to shake from the pressure put on his leg. "I can't—!"

"Don't worry...." Guts's spoke coldly, making Lancelot raise an eyebrow. Lancelot felt a shiver run down his spine upon seeing a crude, sadistic smile forming on Guts's face. "You just keep Erica and Godo safe....."

'My lucky day......' Guts thought as his vision began to narrow. All sound seemed to be replaced by the sound of his heartbeat, as a deep rage formed within him. '.....the first one.'

As the huge pig apostle began to open it's eyes, Guts was presented with flashes of Artoria. He held his sword tightly and jumped towards the apostle, sword raised above his head as he roared.

He crashed into the apostle, slicing down it's face as he forced it outside

He crashed into the apostle, slicing down it's face as he forced it outside. The apostle roared as the blade slashed it's eye, opening it's mouth and showing the old man's head that hid within it. The beast fell on it's back as Guts stood there. The man bared his teeth at the downed apostle, daring it to get back up.

"What in damnation?!?!" Godo shouted. Not believing the sight before him. "Is....is that.....!"

"Wild game......" Guts chuckled as he stared at the apostle, raising his sword up into the air. ".....the first in my hunt!"

The apostle quickly jumped to it's feet and swung down a hand towards Guts. The swordsman responded to the sudden attack, swinging his sword down diagonally and cutting off the apostles hand. The apostle screamed, no, squealed as it took a step back. Guts walked towards the retreating demon, eye wide as he stared it down.

"This is bad." Lancelot looked over to Godo, listening as the old man spoke. "I doubt it would nick, no matter how many people he cut with it. But I didn't make it...." Godo's face became one of concern, teeth gritting as he watched the swordsman slash at the monster with repeating strikes. "....I didn't make it to fight inhuman creatures!"

Guts jumped forward and slashed downwards, cutting the apostle's stomach open and letting the intestines spill out. The apostle was all cut up, slashes all across it's face as it backed away with a growl. Guts's attention was caught by something stuck in the intestines, when he looked closer, he noticed it was a blade. He immediately looked down to his sword, the blade broken at the hilt, making the weapon useless. He was taken aback as the intestines shot out of the pig's stomach, wrapping around his hands. The intestines lifted him up into the air before throwing Guts towards the stone shed, breaking through the door.