Ch 15

——————————
Julius's manor
——————————

The night allowed perfect movement through the rooftops. A cloaked figure ran across the rooftops of Julius's manor, stopping every now and then to look down and see if the guards below weren't looking up before jumping to the other side.

Hearing the sound of swords clashing, the cloaked figure made their way towards the sound that pierced the quiet night. The figure stopped and hid behind a chimney before peeking their head out to look down at the small open garden.

"HA!" A small boy cried out as he swung his sword at Julius, who blocked the attack and pushed back knocking the boy down. The boy was young, near 10 or 12 if one were to guess. He wore a baggy white blouse shirt, tight brown pants, and fine black shoes. He was pale, blue eyes, and shared Julius's hair color. The boy was also skinny, with barley any muscle.

"What is this?!" Julius questioned as he walked up to the boy, grabbing his hair and pulling him up. The boy cried as he struggled to his feet. "NOW STAND UP! YOU ARE THE SON OF ROYALTY! YOUR ENEMY WON'T WAIT FOR YOU IN BATTLE!"

"P-please sir, let that be enough for today." A old, small man wearing brown robes came into view, his head balding with few strands of white hair on the sides of his head that matched his beard.

"BEGONE WITH YOU HASSAN!" Julius turned to the hunched man. "ADONIS MUST ONE DAY BECOME THE LEADER OF THE WHITE DRAGON KNIGHTS, THE MOST POWERFUL FORCE IN THE LAND! AND IF MY BROTHER SHOULD DIE AND I DIE IN BATTLE, ADONIS MUST BE ABLE TO PROTECT GUINEVERE!!" Julius turned back to his son and pointed his sword at the boy. "It is what men of noble blood is destined to do! NOW COME AT ME BOY! TRY TO GET PAST MY DEFENSES AT LEAST ONCE!"

"HAA!" Adonis shouted as he charged at his father. Seeing the opening immediately, Julius kicked his son on the chest, knocking the boy back and hitting the stone trail. Adonis's sword escaped his grip, hilting itself into the soil of a flower bed.

"Pfft! Very well, that's enough for today." Julius turned around and walked towards the manor. Hassan, the old man, threw a rag on Adonis to wipe away the sweat. Julius stopped and looked back at his child. "Don't cool down too much. It'll effect tomorrow's training."

"Are you alright?" Hassan asked as he walked towards the boy, worry on his face when he noticed the boy's skin starting to bruise. "That is a grievous wound. I will tend to it right away!" He noticed young Adonis frowning as tears formed in his eyes. "Young master, do not be disheartened. Ever since you're mother died, your father has tried desperately to do all he can too raise you on his own as a knight. Please do not resent his actions."

The cloaked figure had a flashback of a young boy fighting an older man, getting smacked and hit by the older opponent and getting a permanent scar on the bridge of his nose. The cloaked figure gave a deep sigh as they slide down to sit against the chimney.

'Can't be careless at a time like this.'

The cloaked figure thought before looking up at the night sky.

—————————
Hours ago......
————————

"Kill?" Guts asked as he looked down at Arthur, a quizzical look on his face as the blonde nodded. "Who?"

"The man second in line to the king's throne." Arthur spoke calmly as the candles flickered. Guts's eyes widened as he continued. "General of the White Dragons, Prince Julius himself."