Ch 11

A couple days had passed and the nobles Loyal to Leondegrance had just met up with Arthur's army. Leondegrance and Arthur greeted them before going into the formers tent for discussion.

Guts stayed outside in his armor, staring down the tent. Guards loyal to Leondegrance were stationed around the area. In case something went wrong, Guts would make sure to come to Arthur's aid and save his girly looking ass. But it wasn't just Guts who kept an eye on the tent.

"How many do you see?" Guts asked quietly. Lancelot came in from the side, fully armored.

"I count twenty. Maybe thirty if the servants are armed." He answered before standing beside Guts. The bushes behind them began to shake as Kay walked out, covered in dirt and picking off twigs that were stuck in his hair.

"Make that fifty." The man spoke as he pulled a thorn out of his cheek. "I counted twenty archers stationed in the trees around the area. Had to crawl just to make sure they didn't see me."

'Well this is odd.' Guts thought to himself as he stared down the tent. 'Archers stationed out into the forest? What Kind of strategy is this?'

"Your all wrong~" Merlin said as she appeared in a tornado of flowers. "Everyone in this part of the camp is armed. Going from those knights, to the old ladies stitching the clothes."

"They're all armed?!" Guts hissed in a whisper as he and the others looked at Merlin. The mage of flowers nodded, walking around and leaning against Guts's back. The ex-mercenary didn't bother with the mage, instead focusing on the people in the area.

"They must have expected us to be prepared for knights." Lancelot gritted his teeth as the grip on his spear tightened. "But hiding they're soldiers as non-combatants, we would never expect it."

"It's probably Julius's strategy." Merlin yawned as she leaned against Guts as the others looked back at Merlin. With a sigh, she answered their question before they even started to ask. "Julius is the general of Leondegrance's army, making himself known through the nobility as one of the greatest tactics warrior in the world. Not only that, but he's Leondegrance's brother."

"But how did-!" Guts was quickly silenced by Merlin putting her finger on his lips.

"Shush Guts." Merlin smiled before floating up and leaning in towards his ear before whispering. "Kay was followed. Three archers are currently trained on us with armor piercing bolts. Best not to make a scene, okay?" Merlin finished with a kiss.

Lancelot and Kay heard. They quickly stopped themselves from reacting. Best not to let the archers know they had been found out.

"What now?" Kay whispered only to catch his helmet after Guts tossed it to him. Guts then tossed Lancelot his before reaching down and picking up his.

"Keep your helmet on," Guts spoke as he pulled down his faceplate. Lancelot and Kay doing the same. "And hope nothing bad happens."

—————
With Arthur.
—————

'So this is a war counsel?' Arthur thought too himself as he sat at the long table, Ector at his side. They've been here for hours. Leondegrance sat at the head of the table, his advisers and nobles sitting on the sides. Julius, Leondegrance's brother, sat the closest to his brother.