(SHORT)

"Sir Lancelot!"

"Huh?" Lancelot stopped in place and looked up at the stairs in the garden. He saw Guinevere, going down the stairs with a bundle of cloth that she struggled to carry. "Princess Guinevere?"

"Sir Lancelot, I hear that you leave this morning to continue the campaign against Vortigern." Guinevere stopped in front of the purple armored knight, nearly tripping from the object's weight. "Is that true?"

"Yes." He spoke with a small bow. "We have been gone long enough and if the assassination of your uncle—my condolences—Vortigern may be looking to take back territory we took from him."

"Thank you for your condolences." Guinevere frowned before lifting the object up to Lancelot. "But if I remember correctly, you told me of how you're spear was destroyed, yes?" Lancelot nodded before Guinevere handed him the object, the weight surprising him. Lancelot took the cloth off and starred at the object.

"I asked one of your men to give me the remains and had a smith reforge it

"I asked one of your men to give me the remains and had a smith reforge it." Guinevere took a step back as Lancelot examined the blade with awe. "I tried to have it turned back into a spear but there wasn't enough metal. I hope you accept this gift!"

"I'm more comfortable with a spear..." Guinevere winced upon hearing Lancelot speak. "But, I'm very effective with a sword. I accept this gift, m'lady. Now I'm afraid I must be off, least my king grow restless."

With a smile, Lancelot turned around and left. Guinevere smiled as well, hands over her heart as she watched the knight leave off to war.

'Please.........come back safe.'

————————————

Later that night.

———————————

"OI! Why does Arthur need us?" Mordred asked as she and Guts traveled through the camp towards Arthur's tent.

"Well...." Guts sighed as he looked down at the woman. "It's important. But I never thought you'd complain about something like this, obeying a order from Arthur."

"I'm asking. Didn't say I wouldn't come." Mordred sighed as she followed the huge man. She looked down at her sword and towards Guts's back, his own sword sheathed. The arrived at the tent and entered.

"Ah, good to see you Guts~" Merlin waved as they entered. Standing around the table was Arthur, Lancelot, Kay, Ector, and Merlin herself. Guts rolled his eyes as he approached the table, Mordred hesitantly following him. The table was small, wooden, nothing special.

"Thank you for joining Guts." Arthur nodded to the man across from him. He raised a brow upon seeing Mordred. "It seems you brought Mordred along as well."

"What?" Mordred questioned before looking toward Guts. "You told me Arthur requested my presence!?"

"I have my answer." Guts spoke up, ignoring Mordred's question. He looked at the others and back to Arthur. "I'm guessing they've already said yes?"

"Yes." Arthur nodded. "They've all agreed and accepted this offer. Now, what of you?"

"I accept. On one condition." Guts spoke with calmness. Everyone raised their eyebrows upon hearing such a statement. Mordred yelped as Guts put his hand on her shoulder. "I want Mordred to join as well."

"Do you vouch for her?" Arthur asked before Mordred could berate Guts. The woman stopped and turned to Arthur with wide eyes, not knowing what Guts volunteered her for.

"I do." His voice, calm and determined. "While arrogant and inexperienced, I believe with time Mordred can learn a lot and become just like me."

"Just what we need." Kay chuckled.

Arthur stared at Guts, their eyes making contact with each other. The others watched as the two had a voiceless conversation with each other, the most movement being a eye roll or eyes narrowing. Arthur smirked, placing his hand on Caliburn's handle before drawing it into the air.

"Very well!" Arthur nearly laughed as he spoke. "Draw your swords!" Everyone did as told, Lancelot pulled out his sword and stared at it for a moment. Mordred, Guts, Ector, and Kay all drew their swords. "I, King Arthur Pendragon, first of my name, have gathered you all here today. All present have shown nothing but loyalty over the years they have been with me. Some new, and some old, you have gained you're King's trust. Now I ask you this, will you take up a sacred role a king must give to his people? Will you become part of the Round Table Knights?!"

""AYE!!"" Everyone shouted, putting their swords, and staff, together letting the edges cross one another. Mordred smiled before looking at Guts, who winked.

END.

It's short, I know. But Guts is now a round table knight!

Next chapter will be set Four years into the future, only one year left before Arthur's campaign ends.