Ch 42

"Hey, you awake?"

Guts groaned as he opened his eyes. Realizing he was in a carriage, he looked down and saw Kay there with the flap behind his head.

".....yeah, I'm—huh?" Guts tried sitting up but felt a weight on his arm. Looking over at his side, he spotted Artoria hugging his arm close, arms and legs wrapped around his limb. ".....Artoria?"

"Yeah." Kay told him with a nod. "We waited for you for quite some time. When you arrived you were crying, repeatedly saying 'sorry' before you collapsed. So we threw you in with Artoria......"

"Oh...." Guts nodded as he tried pulling his arm free. Without opening her eyes, Artoria began to panic and pulled on his arm. Guts submitted to her demands, leaving his arm there for her, not even thinking of her naked body against him. "Alright......where are we?"

"A farm, far away from Camelot." Kay told him, watching as his sister held Guts's arm tighter. "We rode all night and half the day till we got here. We can't stay for long however, just long enough to clean ourselves up......speaking of which, we need someone to wash Artoria....."

Guts raised his eyebrow before drawing the conclusion. The others were to scared to look at Artoria, the wounds inflicted upon her body. Kay was more than likely scared from what the Imp had told them. Ector was already traumatized from the sight as well. And Mordred............

"I'll do it....." Guts nodded, Kay gave a thankful smile before leaving. He turned to Artoria before gently shaking her. Her eyes opened slowly and she looked up at Guts. He smiled as she hugged his arm tighter. ".....hey, time to get up."

"Oh.....oh...." She mumbled as she unwrapped herself from his arm. She watched as Guts got on his knees before reaching down for her. She grunted when he lifted her up, holding her like a child, her arms wrapped around his neck and her legs around his waist. As he stood up, she began to slip.

"Woah!" Artoria gasped, feeling Guts's arms wrap underneath her rear end. She looked back up at him and heard him give a light chuckle. "Sorry 'bout that...."

Artoria felt as his arms shifted underneath her legs, not wanting to stain her dignity. The cloak hanged down past her body, the only opening was pressing against his body. Guts awkwardly stepped towards the flaps of the carriage. He hopped out and was greater by sunlight.

"Hmhmnh!!" Artoria began to shake, feeling the sun upon her skin. It was to hot for her. Even with her helmet on she closed her eyes. The jump hadn't helped either, the force of the landing sending a wave of pain up her body.

"Hey, hey, it's alright.....it's alright." Guts tried his best to calm her down, gently rocking her back and fourth. He looked around the area, hoping to see where the group was.

It was indeed a small farm, isolated in the woods. He saw the stable house where Ector, Lancelot, and Kay rested. A small fence with chickens and pigs was right beside a small wooden house. A family stood out there, a rather chubby man, his wife and three children, two girls and one little boy stood, smiling as they talked to—

"We thank you again for helping us." Mordred spoke, bowing her head to the family. She then reached to her belt and pulled off a pouch of gold. "We're sorry to burden you with our presence. Please, take this as compensation."

"Oh, we couldn't possibly take this." Guts heard the man say with a smile, a rather humble farmer. He decided to walk towards the family, remembering Artoria was still shaking in his arms.