Ch 49

"NOOOOO! NOOOOOO! I DON'T WANNA DIE!"

"Not like you die easy you stubborn piece of shit!" Guts shouted as he held the short sword at the ready.

Wyald was alive. His injuries were still present and a fresh volley of arrows had just penetrated his skin. The knife was still in his eye socket, lodged in tightly from they're last encounter. Guts's broken sword was missing however, but the pink flames had burned the side of Wyald's body severally.

"GUTS, ARTORIA, ARE YOU GUYS OKAY?!?!?"

Looking over his shoulder, Guts could see Mordred, Kay, Ector, and Gaston running towards them. Any loyalists who could stand were quick to their feet, grabbing their weapons before charging towards the enemy.

"THERE YOU ARE!"

"What the—!?" Guts turned back around and watched as Wyald lifted Artoria high into the air with one hand, holding her like a doll. Guts bared his teeth and took a step forward. "YOU SONOFA—!"

"DON'T MOVE! IF YOU DO....." Wyald grunted as blood leaked out both his mouths. He held Artoria up just as the loyalists arrived, looking down at Guts with a sadistic grin, and began to squeeze.

"AH....GAAH....GUTS!"

"STOP IT!" Guts shouted, eyes widening upon hearing Artoria cry out his name. He couldn't risk getting her hurt, nor could he stand the sight of her in pain.

"Stand down!" Mordred ordered the others as they surrounded Wyald, aiming their crossbows and lances at the monster.

"DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT!" Wyald cursed as blood shot out of his wounds. He brought Artoria close to his face to examine her, his eye widening as if he was disappointed. "WHAT THE HELL?! SHE'S JUST SOME INSECT, A BLONDE WHORE YOU'D FIND AT THE TAVERN THAT BEGS FOR SCRAPS! THEY CAN'T REALLY CONSIDER YOU TO—DAMNIT, I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!!"

'He's hurting.......MERLIN!' Guts called out to the mage.

Wyald blinked as Merlin appeared in the corner of his eye. She held out her hands, fingers twisted and formed in a way that only a mage like her could do, a pink fireball forming on the tips of her fingers before she shot it towards Wyald. He couldn't dodge and the fireball made contact with his left arm, creating a small explosion and dust storm.

"AHH!" Merlin cried out as something knocked her clean out of the air, crushing her body against the ground......it was Wyald's dismembered left arm. Merlin cried out as she was being squished, lacking the minimum energy to even teleport.

'She's drained out.....' Guts eyes widened in disbelief. He thought it impossible to hear Merlin scream like that, much less let an enemy hurt her. "KAY, ECTOR, GASTON, GET MERLIN OUT OF THERE!"

"On it!" Gaston responded before running off to Merlin with the others.

"I'M SCREWED....IF I WIND UP DEAD HERE THEN I'LL BE TRAPED IN THAT VORTEX FOREVER!!!! HEY, HURRY UP AND SUMMON THEM!" Wyald shouted as he began to shake Artoria, making the woman gasp in pain. Guts bared his teeth as Wyald spoke. "SUMMON THEM DAMNIT! SUMMON THE GREAT ONES! IF YOUR DESTINED TO BECOME ONE OF THE GREATS LIKE ZODD SAYS YOU ARE.....YOU SHOULD HAVE IT: THE CRIMSON BEHEILT, THE EGG OF THE KING! USE IT TO CALL UPON OUR GUARDIAN ANGELS: THE FOUR MEMBERS OF THE GODHAND!!!!!!!!"

'......God?' Guts thought to himself before hearing the loyalists/Raiders close in on the monster.

"THATS ENOUGH!" Mordred shouted as she raised her sword and pointed it at Wyald. "You are surrounded and can't possibly win! Release Artoria, NOW!"