Ch 44

"Safe."

Wyald said with a grin as he and some of his men made it past the exploding glyph. He came to a stop and watched as the fugitives ran away.

"Or so I say, but a lot of them sure fell." Wyald said as he looked over the side of the destroyed bridge, seeing a pile of his dead riders below, their spines broken by the rocks below their bodies. He counted with his fingers, like a child before realizing that Guts and Lancelot had just slain Half of his forces. Humming without a care, he looked towards the fugitives and charged forward. "Oh well, COME ON DOGS, LETS GO!"

Wyald charged forward but came to a stop. He turned around to his men and noticed they hadn't moved an inch. They looked rather hesitant, looking at one another.

"Hm?" Wyald hummed curiously at their lack of movement. "What's with you guys?"

"T-th-this is crazy boss!" They one in front spoke out, sweat running down his face.

"Why?"

"It's a straight road next to a mountain." The rider spoke out, highlighting the situation and area they were in. "If they knew their escape route from the start, they'll have laid more traps like this one along the way!"

"Your point?" Wyald asked as he scratched his ears, looking at the rider like a curious child.

"We—We ain't scared or nothin'

"We—We ain't scared or nothin'." The rider spoke, hoping that somehow his reasoning could get through to his leader. "B-but it seems kinda stupid for us to run right into enemy hands......huh?"

The rider raised an eyebrow as Wyald got close to him and placed two fingers in either side of his forehead. Wyald chuckled as he looked at the rider.

"Oh please, that's the problem with grownups...." Wyald chuckled as he looked into the rider's eyes. With a squeeze of his fingers, Wyald easily destroyed the man's head, eyeballs popping out as the skull cracked in half, letting half the brain slip out. The other riders gasped in horror as their fellow rider fell of his horse. They looked at his crushed skull in horror before looking back up at Wyald, who was wagging his finger left and right as if he was scolding a child. "If you start talking about living and dying...you end up wasting you're life away. NOW WHAT IS THE CREED OF THE BLACK DOG KNIGHT'S?!?!"

""T-TO ENJOY AND EXCITE!!""

The riders snapped to attention, reciting the short creed in fear as they looked at Wyald with a straight posture. Sweat rolled down their faces, fearing what Wyald might do to them if he was displeased.

"Damn right!" Wyald exclaimed with a childish joy as he stared at his men, flicking his bloody fingers and letting the blood fall onto the corpse beneath him. "...and don't you forget it."