Epilogue

It was on that day, the dead sun hanged over the world.
——————————————

A huge calvary of silver knights road through the mountains. They greeted any villagers with kindness before continuing onward across the hilltops. Their armor and helmets were a unique design opposed to other armies in Britain. The colors upon their armor and tunics were blue, silver, and gold.

"We are almost there, my lady." Commander Aizen spoke out as he rode at the front of the group. He was a small, somewhat fat man. But one should not let his appearance fool them, he earned his rank through blood sweat and tears, a highly trained combatant. "We're nearing too the location Queen Morgan has given us."

A cloaked woman riding behind Aizen nodded. The cloak was a deep blue with two silver crosses on both sides. The hood hid the riders face. She held a flag pole in her hands, covered by gauntlets. The flag blowed in the wind, white as clouds with a golden emblem in the center.

Queen Morgan had been bothered by the sudden eclipse, the false sun that kissed the earth. She requested aid from the most holiest order she knew to investigate the matter months ago. The order had agreed, believing it was connected to the signs they were seeing. Heavy mists, dead crows, the silhouette of a giant was reported walking through the mist. But the most important sign that Britain had encountered, was an increase in corpses. Not dead from illness or old age, they were torn apart by something. Yet whenever they came across those villages, one part of their story was the same.

A Black Swordsman.

This swordsman has been reported entering said villages earlier before all the horror happened. All eyewitnesses reported him wearing all black, short black hair, a false arm, one eye, and a sword. Although the order didn't think it could be called as such because of the description of the blade. These stories all started appearing a week ago, but the order had wrote it off as a fairy tale, something villages have passed around to one another......but the order kept tags of this rumor.

"We're here."

The group came to a stop as Aizen lifted a hand. The man's eyes widened at the sight before him. It was a lake of blood. Body parts were floating everywhere, torn apart and revealed nothing but hollowed parts with bones sticking out. Skeletons also floated in the lake, but missed parts of it's structure. The lake of brutality reached as far as the eye could see.

"Dear God...." Aizen muttered. He'd never seen anything like this before, he could hear the soldiers behind him begin to make sickening sounds. All except for the lady. She hopped off her horse, flag in hand as she walked down to the lake. "My lady, is this real?"

The woman reached down to the lake of blood upon reaching the edge of the lake. She slowly pulled her hand up and watched as the blood poured out of her hand, except for the solid pieces of blood that felt like snot. The woman stood up and pulled her hand away before wiping her gauntlet off on her cape. All knights but Aizen gasped, nearly puked as she showed no signs of disgust. The woman took her cloak off, revealing long blonde hair that reached down to her waist. Silver armor was around her body as blue cloth was decorated onto her, a silver sword strapped to her waist.

"No

"No.....this is real." The woman spoke before looking up at the sun, unbothered by the rays of light. "The Dragon of darkness has awakened."

End.

It will be explained why Jeanne is alive during this time.

Criticism is welcome.

Don't worry the story isn't over. I'm just splitting it up since I don't want to have to scroll seven miles to update one part.

Make sure to check my account for the second book in a day or two.