Lady killers

*****Chapter 1 - Lady killers*****

*****
Chapter 1 - Lady killers
*****

"Jesus Christ." An officer named Carter mumbled as he looked around.

The blood was splattered everywhere, the walls and carpet were covered as a body lay flat and sprawled out on the floor.

"Some serious hate going on here that's for sure." Jasper mumbled by his side, their police uniforms matching.

"Portland are sending over their homicide." Ashton spoke as he poked his head in through the door, his matching uniform clear. "Gotta clear out, Caps orders."

Carter and Jasper walked out as they saw their police captain standing outside the house.

"We know anything about this homicide cop?" Carter asked as he scratched the back of his neck, looking up at his Captain.

"Names Oakley Taylor, been in the force since they were 18, nice chunk of arrests under their belt too." The Captain replied calmly.

The other three officers nodded slowly.

"You reckon he prefers baseball or football?" Jasper perked up as the others all stared at him blankly.

"We're on a murder scene, something that never happens in Castle Rock and you're asking whether he prefers baseball or football?" Ashton scoffed as he stared at the first one blankly.

He got a shrug in response. "Just a question." He grumbled.

Yet before any of them could begin to talk about their new homicide detective, a black Ford pulled up.

"News reporter Cap." Jasper took a guess as he saw the female driving.

"Oh fucking great." The Captain grumbled, "just what we need."

"I got her." Ashton spoke with a sigh as he got himself ready to walk over.

The others all stood and watched as the girl got out her car and was approached by him.

"Yeah Miss, I'm sorry but we're not-"

"Taking news reporter's comments? I should hope not." She immediately cut him off, holding a cup of coffee in one hand as she pointed to the police badge hanging on her hip.

"Oakley Taylor, Portland Homicide, you wanna start telling me about this?"

His mouth dropped slightly. "You're a-"