Cop

*****Chapter 2 - Cop*****

*****
Chapter 2 - Cop
*****

"Look whatever it is-" Ace started but stopped himself as he looked up and saw Oakley enter.

"Where's the police officers?" He scoffed out, looking up at her.

"Right here." She fired back as she pointed to herself.

Ace scoffed as she sat down opposite him, placing her feet up on the table, crossing her legs, copying his actions.

"You ain't an officer." Ace retorted.

Oakley shook her head as her hands rested on her stomach.

"I'm better." She gave him a cocky smirk. "I'm a detective."

Ace scoffed again as he leant back in his chair. "You're a girl."

Oakley pulled her top forward and looked down before letting it hang as she looked back up at Ace.

"Maybe you should be the detective." She retorted. "Your observation powers are truly astonishing."

"You can't keep me here, I didn't do anything." Ace fired out, ignoring her comments as she thought she was funny.

"Never said you did."

"So why am I here?" Ace fired his question out as his eyes scanned her face.

He couldn't deny it to himself, she was gorgeous, but the fact that she was also a police officer, or detective, thoroughly disgusted him.

Oakley shrugged. "Heard a lot about you, wanted to meet the famous John Merrill."

Ace scoffed as he glared at her. "Where you from cop?"

"Detective." She corrected him. "And Portland."

"No-one around here calls me John. It's Ace." He corrected her.

Oakley tilted her head to the side as she looked at him.

"Well then John, why don't you start telling me about your little gang?" She taunted as she kept her stare.

Ace laughed as he shook his head, removing his feet from the table as he sat up and leant across the table.

"I ain't gotta tell you nothing cop."

Oakley, once more, copied his actions as she sat up straight and leant across the table.

"You don't. But I'll find out whatever I want to know anyway so you could make everyone's lives easier and just tell me."