Watch them!

*****Chapter 21 - Watch them!*****

*****
Chapter 21 - Watch them!
*****

Oakley comfortably led the cobras out the station as Jasper, Carter and The Captain all watched in shock. They were behaving?!

"Taylor." The Captain fired out before she could leave.

She turned and went to walk closer to him but his eyes were on Billy as he edged closer to the detective. Oakley turned and gave him a small look, as he shuffled backwards to the door.

Yet no cobras left the station as they all stared at her.

"Wanna tell me why they're following you like a pack of puppies?" The Captain whispered as he nodded towards the group, when he was standing to the side with her.

"Sir, I know you might not believe this but they're innocent." She whispered back, facing away so they couldn't read her lips.

"So why haven't you caught the guy yet?" He fired back. "I've got the newspapers hounding me for an answer."

"And you'll get one. Diego's off on a lead."

"Look when we asked for your help, we kinda expected it solved sooner rather than later." He grumbled, giving her a small glare, he was under way too much pressure.

"And it will be solved. You want your station to help, so help." She fired back, she knew how to stand her ground against men. "Ashton is off with Diego now, I need you to keep Jasper and Carter here when their shifts finish."

He stared at her in disbelief. "What the hell is going on?!"

"You wanna help? Do it." She fired back before turning and walking away, before he had a chance to retaliate.

*****

"What was that about?" Ace asked as he walked alongside Oakley.

"This is your town right?" She asked, ignoring his question.

Ace nodded.

"So do me a favour and tell me where Jasper lives." She ordered him.

Ace nodded again, without hesitation.

He began guiding the way, as the others followed absentmindedly, still on their topic about who would be what dog.

*****

"Taylor!"

They all looked up as they saw Diego running towards them, Ashton by his side. Immediately she took off to meet him. Yet Diego's eyes looked around at the cobras as they all crowded around.