I'm with you

*****Chapter 20 - I'm with you*****

*****
Chapter 20 - I'm with you
*****

Diego had stayed in the other room with the cobras the whole time, while Oakley spoke to each one individually, under Ashton's secretive gaze.

He had wanted to make sure they didn't confer and discuss what Oakley had asked. Though judging by the fact they were talking about what dogs they'd be, he didn't have to worry.

Oakley opened the door and gave him a look. Instantly he got up and went to follow, as if on cue each cobra scrambled to their feet but was stopped by Oakley holding up her hand.

"We'll just be outside." She tried to explain.

Their faces didn't change. Diego laughed slightly as he saw the puppy-like expressions they were pulling at her. Oakley sighed as she reached out to take Ace's hand.

They all watched as she interlinked their pinky fingers before the detectives stepped outside. The door was pulled as shut as it could, with Diego holding it shut.

Yet the cobras felt comforted seeing Oakley's hand as her pinky finger remained locked with Ace's.

"They scared in a police station?!" Ashton whispered blankly as he gestured to how Oakley was having to stand.

"Apparently they're more on edge than we thought." Diego mumbled quietly as he continued to watch the cobras through the glass, not wanting them to listen in.

The dog conversation had started up again, so none seemed to care. Though Ace kept a firm lock on her finger.

"What did you get?" Diego asked looking between the two of them.

Ashton and Oakley exchanged a nervous look.

"Charlie accidentally knocked someone out while he was pulled from a fight." Ashton spoke quietly as his eyes flicked back to Billy, who was trying to protest being called a shih tzu.

"Who?" Diego asked blankly as he looked between the two of them.

*****

Oakley walked back into the room with the cobras as Ace pulled her hand closer into his, so he could interlock their fingers. Oakley didn't shake him off.

"What's happening?" Jack asked nervously as the door shut behind her.

"Diego's just going off to check something." She mumbled. "You guys figured out which dog you are yet?"