The leader

*****Chapter 5 - The leader*****

*****
Chapter 5 - The leader
*****

"So your only alibis are you were home alone?" Oakley asked in almost disbelief as she stood over Ace, now sat on the bench.

He shrugged slightly and leant back. "You ain't exactly treating me like a murder suspect."

Oakley shrugged as her arms crossed over her chest.

"I don't know if you're a murderer yet."

"I'm more of a lover than a fighter." Ace spoke with another shrug.

"To the girls? I'm sure you are but both victims were males." Oakley spoke firmly as she looked down at him.

"You think I care about them?" Ace coughed out.

"You don't have to care about them to shoot them. Kinda defeats the purpose." Oakley spoke sarcastically.

"Whatever you say cop." Ace grumbled as he sighed. "Look I didn't kill either of them."

"So prove it to me." Oakley waved her hands slightly. "Tell me about the rivalry."

Ace sighed slightly as he just couldn't seem to talk.

Oakley took a step backwards, closer to his mother's grave as Ace winced.

"Alright fine!" He snapped out.

Oakley took a step closer to him again as he growled slightly, before looking up at her.

"Things have always been tense between our areas. They got the bigger posher houses, better school, better paying jobs, all that bullshit."

"Anyway when me and the other boys sorta became the cobras, we'd already had a few shitty fist fights with them. Nothing bonds a group of guys more than another group of guys they all wanna fight." Ace mumbled with a small laugh.

"So I've learnt." Oakley mumbled as her mind flashed to the many jobs she'd been on in her career.

"Right so you know? Shit was always kicking off between the two of us, there ain't nothing else to it." Ace shrugged as he held his hands up.

"We didn't kill them though." He added quickly.

"Did you ever threaten to?"

Ace stared up at her blankly. "Well yeah obviously but doesn't everyone in a fight?"

"Who had heard you threatening to kill them?"