Tom

*****Chapter 7 - Tom*****

*****
Chapter 7 - Tom
*****

"Opening the door before I've even knocked?" Oakley asked as she slowly walked closer towards Ace as he stood in his doorway. "Anyone would think you've been watching me?"

Ace shrugged slightly. "As much as you've been watching me."

"And here I thought we could be friends?" Oakley held her hands up as she stopped by his door.

"What do you want cop?" He sighed out.

"This detective wants you to help her."

Ace almost laughed at her suggestion. "I'm sorry you want what exactly?"

"In exchange for me dropping the use of your mother." She offered up firmly.

Ace clenched at the mention of her. "You know if you were a guy I'd have hit you by now."

Oakley nodded slowly. "Well aware of that, you're still welcome to take a swing you know? Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't take it and give it back a lot worse."

Ace laughed slightly, he had to admit her cocky arrogant attitude that matched his did somewhat encourage him.

"So what do you say?" Oakley gave him a small smile.

"You'll stop using my mum against me?" Ace wanted more confirmation.

Oakley nodded as she used a finger to cross over her chest.

"Fine." Ace grumbled slightly.

"Perfect." Oakley beamed at him.

"What am I doing exactly?" He questioned as he watched her begin to walk backwards.

She only raised her hand and gestured for him to follow her. Ace quickly leant back in his house and told his cobras he was leaving and that they really had to start finding out what they could about her.

In a split second he was following her to her car.

"Didn't realise cops paid this well." He mumbled as he climbed in the passenger side, his eyes scanning the car with slight jealousy.

"I'm a detective." Oakley corrected him as she started the car before speeding off down the road.

*****

"I ain't confessing nothing." Ace fired out as they stopped outside the police station.

"I'm not after a confession John." Oakley mumbled as they got out the car.