Not one

*****Chapter 6 - Not one*****

*****
Chapter 6 - Not one
*****

"So door to door brought up nothing?" Oakley asked again as she continued to pace around Ashton's living room.

He had now brought in a large whiteboard and stuck up two images of the victims with all the information they had on them.

"Nout. No-one saw or heard anything from out of the original." Ashton mumbled as he scanned through his own notebook, re-reading what people had told him.

"Not even a cobra?"

"Not one. No-one saw a cobra, no-one saw anyone from the View Crew, apart from our victim."

Oakley groaned slightly as she stopped once more by the window and looked out, Ace's car was still parked outside his house.

"Anything on the gun yet?"

Ashton flipped through his notebook. "Cap found that it's regular .45 handgun, quite popular."

Oakley sighed. "And let me guess, both gangs have access to these guns?"

"Don't take a detective to work that out." Ashton mumbled as he closed his notebook and chucked it down on the table.

"God I need Diego." Oakley moaned as she walked back over to the sofa and flopped down.

"Your partner back home?" Ashton asked as he sat down next to her.

Oakley nodded. "Me and Diego always work the cases together, he picks up what I miss and I annoy him like a little sister would. It's kinda our MO."

Ashton laughed slightly. "How comes he's not here?"

"He had a load of paperwork and stuff to finish from our last job, our boss just told me to come straight away."

"Can't he come now?" Ashton asked, "surely he's finished by now?"

"Not if our Cap's given him a new case." Oakley moaned as she let her head fall back.

"He'd know exactly why the killer wasn't seen." She continued to mumble as she looked straight up at the whiteboard.

"You spoke to him recently?"

Oakley nodded. "He was the one that gave me the information on Reginald and Merrill's mother. Her cause of death was drowning?"

Ashton nodded slowly as Oakley turned to him curiously.

"She started drinking a lot, Ace was just as much as a handful as a kid as he is now." Ashton started explaining. "We got a bridge way out on the edge of town, doctor said she must have hit her head, fell and ended up face down."