Stay

*****Chapter 31 - Stay*****

*****
Chapter 31 - Stay
*****

"Okay so we know it was someone who clearly knew Jasper well." Oakley mumbled, almost to herself as Billy offered her a cup of coffee.

She sat up straighter in the bed as she accepted it and took a sip, playing everything over in her mind.

"Everyone knew the cop." Vince mumbled as he sat down at the end of her bed.

"Yeah but this person knew him well enough to know about his religious beliefs and where he lived, to give him those letters." Oakley mumbled.

"Again love," Ace started. "Everyone knew Jasper was religious and where he lived."

Oakley sat in silence as she thought it all over, taking sips of her coffee.

"They would have known when Jasper wasn't at home though?" She questioned herself.

"Why?" Jack asked as he stretched himself out from sleeping uncomfortably.

"They would have known when he was working to make sure they weren't seen by him to make sure he really believed he was doing it for God and no-one else." Oakley continued to mumble to herself.

"Why?" Eyeball asked as he looked up at her from his spot on the floor beside her.

"So they would have had to know the exact times he was either working or out, which means if we can find out when he was working, we can see if anyone was seen by his house." Oakley continued to further talk to herself as she took another sip of her drink.

"Is she even listening to us?" Billy asked as he pointed down at her.

Ace shrugged. "Hey Oakley I want to marry you and have three kids."

His friends all reacted as expected but Oakley simply took another sip of her coffee calmly.

"So if someone saw someone else by his house when he wasn't there then they must either be the person behind this or at least been paid to drop the letters off?"

"Yeah she ain't listening." Ace answered with a nod as he looked around at the others.

*****

"So we need to get Carter or Ashton to give us the work rota for the past however long." Diego mumbled as he accepted the coffee from Tom and took a sip.

"Why?" He asked automatically.

"Then we can work out what to ask any of Jasper's neighbours, one must have seen something." Diego ignored his question as he continued to mumble to himself.