Evan

*****Chapter 32 - Evan*****

*****
Chapter 32 - Evan
*****

Diego eventually came into the room to tell her Carter had returned with a wad of their printed out work schedules.

Oakley reluctantly stood up and gently released Charlie's hand, placing it softly back on the bed by his side as she followed Diego out.

They gave Carter and Ashton a small nod before the pair began walking down and out of the hospital.

"So apparently this is everything from the last two months." Diego mumbled as he split them and handed them to Oakley.

Her eyes skimmed through them as they walked out of the hospital and towards Diego's car.

"Jasper never worked Sundays." She mumbled as they both climbed in and Diego handed her the rest.

"Apparently not." He replied as they strapped themselves in and he started the car. "Day of worship and all that."

Oakley nodded as she continued to flick through them. "Yet he was on every Monday morning, starting at 6am."

"Logical right?" Diego asked, briefly looking at her as he continued driving.

"Yeah but-" Oakley stopped as she continued looking through each rota.

"But what?"

Though she didn't get a chance to answer. Two loud bangs outside caused the car to suddenly spin as Diego quickly slammed on the breaks.

"What the hell was that?!" Oakley exclaimed as she shoved the papers between them and the pair scrambled out the car.

A few members of the public stared in wonder as Diego noticed fear on their faces.

"Did you see what happened?!" He tried not to snap at two women nearby.

They shook their heads but pointed at his front tyre.

Their attention instantly went to where they had been pointing as the women quickly rushed off.

A small hole was now in the side of the car as well as the tyre being completely flat. Diego crouched down as his finger brushed over it.

"Oakley," he spoke firmly. "Get inside the nearest building now."

"Why- what is-"

"Now." Diego cut her off as he quickly ran round to her and pushed her inside the building by the side of them.

Slamming the door shut, he clicked it locked and stared out. Oakley turned and saw the startled shopkeeper.