For now

*****Chapter 14 - For now*****

*****
Chapter 14 - For now
*****

"It wasn't a big deal." Tom began to explain. "He once slashed my tyres."

"And how did you react?" Oakley asked, hearing no bangs from Ace.

Tom shrugged. "Can't remember."

And there were the three bangs again.

"Think hard." Diego finally spat out, still glaring at Tom. He had quickly figured out Ace's bangs on the glass.

Tom sighed slightly as he shuffled about. "We got in a bit of a fight outside the bar."

Diego and Oakley exchanged a look before turning back to Tom.

"Just you and Charlie?" Oakley asked. "None of your guys or the other cobras jumped in?"

Tom shook his head. "Ace told the rest to leave it as it was Charlie's fight, my brother did the same."

No bangs. That was true.

"You ever threaten to kill Charlie?" Oakley continued to be the main speaker.

Tom nodded. "Threatened to kill them all at one point, we all have."

"You still got your gun?" Oakley asked.

Tom nodded. "What does that matter?"

"Charlie Hogan was shot last night." Diego finally told him.

Tom's face dropped. "Wait- what?" He looked blankly between the two.

Yet Oakley and Diego remained silent, they wanted to fully see his reaction.

"Like shot shot?" Tom panicked. "Why? By who?"

"We were hoping you could shed some light on that." Oakley replied firmly.

Tom looked between them. "It weren't me!"

Oakley and Diego exchanged another look.

"You got anyone that can prove you were at home all night?" Oakley asked him blankly.

"I told you! I was just with my dog." Tom exclaimed.

"It wouldn't bother you if we accompanied you home to take a look around then?" Oakley asked as she leant back in her seat, waving her hands.