I got you

*****Chapter 36 - I got you *****

*****
Chapter 36 - I got you
*****

"I'm telling you!" Martin exclaimed as he looked around at the group in Ashton's kitchen. "No-one gave Jasper any letters!"

Diego ran his hand through his hair as Oakley sighed.

"I don't know what else you want with me!" Martin continued to become frantic. "Never was he given a letter from anyone he didn't know!"

This time it was Ashton who looked up. "But you did come to the station every Sunday to pick up his work schedule for the next week!"

Martin shrugged as Diego and Oakley instantly stared at him.

"You mean you picked up his schedule to bring it to him?" Diego had to ask for confirmation.

Martin nodded slowly as he looked between the two detectives.

"My brother always had it printed in an envelope and gave it to me to be delivered to him."

Oakley and Diego exchanged a look. They weren't the week's rota, they were the letters convincing Jasper to kill the gang members. The letters Martin had been unknowingly delivering.

Everything now made sense.

It had been Captain Bryce all along.

"Where's your brother now?" Diego fired out his question eagerly.

Martin shrugged. "He said he had to go to the hospital, relive one of his officers from watching over one of those snake guys."

Oakley immediately turned to Ace as his face dropped.

Charlie.

Martin didn't get a chance to react as everyone rushed out immediately.

Ashton didn't even care about leaving Martin in his house.

Everyone's focus was on Charlie.

The cobra laying helpless and unable to defend himself.

Ace's foot was slammed so hard on the pedal, it was practically on the floor as he drove along.

One hand gripping the steering the wheel so tight, his knuckles began turning white. His other hand gripping Oakley's so tight, she was surprised her hand didn't break.

Yet her grip she had on him was just as tight. Her other hand automatically holding up her gun as she saw the hospital edging closer.