Martin

*****Chapter 33 - Martin*****

*****
Chapter 33 - Martin
*****

To say Diego and Oakley now had a reason to figure this out, was an understatement.

"He was standing over me while I changed that tyre." Diego mumbled as he drove along, the pair now using Oakley's car.

Oakley nodded. "He took the bullet meant for you." She mumbled quietly as a tear fell down her cheek.

Her hand raised as she quickly wiped it away. Diego reached over as he popped open her glove compartment. Oakley reached inside and grabbed both their shades, handing Diego his.

The pair, now with sunglasses on, felt more protected. The darkness of the shades hiding the pain in their eyes.

Diego pulled the car up as the pair confidently walked out.

"I'll take left, you take right." Diego fired out as Oakley nodded and the pair split up.

*****

"Sorry to disturb you but I was wondering if I could-"

"Hey it's the detective!" Teddy's voice was heard as he pushed past his mum to look up at Diego.

"Hey it's the-" he paused. "Corporal right?" He asked with a smile pointing down at Teddy.

"That it is." Teddy confidently replied with a nod.

"What can we help you with? We heard the killer was stopped?" Teddy's mother spoke, placing a hand on her son's shoulder.

"We just have a few questions if that's okay?"

The pair nodded as Diego pointed to the house next to them.

"Jasper, the old police officer who lived next door?" He asked.

Mrs Duchamp nodded. "Yes, we heard he got shot catching the killer."

Diego looked back at her confused.

"Is he going to be okay?" She asked, her free hand going to her chest.

Diego grew even more confused. "Can I ask who told you?"

"The police Captain when he came to get some stuff of Jaspers." Teddy answered for her. "Said Jasper had important files he needed."

Diego nodded slowly. "Don't suppose you saw anyone else come here?" He asked as he handed them a piece of paper he'd ripped from his notebook. "On these days particularly?"