Now I do

*****Chapter 16 - Now I do*****

*****
Chapter 16 - Now I do
*****

"So Tom actually has two of the guns used?" Oakley asked once Diego had told her about how he found one in his room.

Diego nodded. "However it turns out there's actually a bunch of kids Merrill chooses to pick on this town."

"Badly?"

Diego shrugged. "Jasper and Carter couldn't tell me much, just that we should talk to them."

Oakley nodded slowly as she briefly looked back up at Ace's house.

"I got their names and addresses, I'll take it. You keep him occupied."

Oakley nodded again as the pair shared a small nod before he turned and walked off, leaving Oakley to walk back towards the house.

Of course the door opened before she even reached it.

"You that worried I'm gonna run off?" Oakley asked with a small laugh.

"More concerned with losing my alibi." Ace mumbled.

Oakley nodded as he let her inside, shutting the door.

"They guys were gonna go out for food..." Ace mumbled as the pair walked into the kitchen.

"Didn't fancy going?" She asked as she turned to him.

Ace shrugged. "I'm going wherever you go."

"Meaning if I chose to stay right inside your house?" She asked teasingly, crossing her arms over her chest.

Ace walked to the table in his kitchen as he sat down on one of the chairs, answering her question.

"How good of a cook are you?" He asked blankly as he looked up at her.

Oakley let out a laugh of disbelief as she stared down at him.

"I'm not your little housewife!" She retorted. "You want food, you can damn well help!"

"Unlucky!"

The pair turned as they saw Eyeball grinning by the doorway.

"Oh fuck off!" Ace snapped as he stood up quickly, causing Eyeball to quickly flee.

They heard the front door open and close, along with extra laughs as Eyeball told the others how Oakley was refusing to cook for him.