Love's love

*****Chapter 35 - Love's love *****

*****
Chapter 35 - Love's love
*****

"Oh yeah, he's the Cap's brother alright." Ashton mumbled as the trio looked down at the man, now tied to a chair in Ashton's kitchen.

"This is Martin?" Oakley coughed out as her hand gently rubbed her throat, which was still somewhat sore.

Ashton nodded as he tilted his head slightly, looking down at the unconscious man.

"Not exactly the type of guy I'd picture Jasper with." Diego mumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Oakley nodded slowly in agreement as Ashton shrugged.

"Love comes in all shapes and sizes, surely you two know that best of all." Ashton replied as he crouched down in front of the man and gently revived him with smelling salts.

He looked frantic as his head scrambled about, trying to work out where he was.

"Hey hey, take it easy." Ashton mumbled as he had a hand on the man's arm. "You're okay."

"You two." His spiteful words landed on Diego and Oakley.

"We didn't kill Jasper." Diego repeated for, what felt like the hundredth time.

Martin scoffed and looked away. "Don't lie to me."

"We're not lying." Oakley spoke softly as she took a small step closer to him.

Ashton tried to hold her back but she gently moved his arm so she could crouch down in front of him.

"Jasper took his own life." She whispered out, almost as if it hurt her to say it aloud.

Martin shook his head as he refused to look at her. "He would never- you're lying to me."

He continued to shake his head as Oakley remained crouched in front of him.

"I can't begin to comprehend the pain you're going through." She whispered softly still, her hand reached out and gently rested on his own.

"But you have to believe us. We're the good guys, like your brother."

To their surprise Martin scoffed slightly.

"He's just as bad as you, never accepting gays as real people."

Diego pouted confused as he pointed to himself. "You know I'm gay right? That guy you shot was my boyfriend."