Puppies

*****Chapter 18 - Puppies*****

*****
Chapter 18 - Puppies
*****

"Eyeball asleep already?" Jack asked as he climbed in and gestured to the asleep cobra.

Oakley shrugged, looking down awkwardly as Ace nodded. "Made himself at home."

"You know you should really put some clothes on cop, you have guests." Vince mumbled as he crashed down on her bed.

Oakley looked around blankly. "You know this is my room?!"

Billy shrugged as he flopped down next to Vince. "He's right you know, it's very distracting."

Oakley didn't know how to react.

"That stuff would definitely give the wrong impression." Jack nodded as he sat down on the chair. "Bunch of guys in your hotel room and you're wearing just that."

The other cobras all nodded in agreement, yet as Ace went to jump to her defence, she took over.

"Right. Off the fucking bed. That's mine. You can crash on the floor. I want no fucking noise and no more fucking comments about what I'm wearing because two of my SIX older brothers are firefighters and I'll have them pleasantly meet you if you don't fucking shut up and let me sleep!"

Hearing she had six older brothers, two being firefighters was enough for them. Instantly her bed was vacated as the boys crashed down on the floor.

Oakley sighed as she went back to get back in the bed, putting the gun back down on her bedside table. "Fucking unbelievable."

"Thanks."

Oakley looked up as she heard a small voice speak up. Billy?

"For what?" She asked quietly.

Silence was heard for a second.

"Believing us." Jack?

"And finding who hurt Charlie." Vince?

Oakley sighed softer this time.

"And letting us stay here." Fuzzy?

She shook her head slightly as she went to lay down. "You're welcome."

Her eyes locked with Ace's as he sat upright, against the wall next to her bed. He tried forcing a small smile as she fully realised. These guys might be big and tough but they were all genuinely scared.