Yesterday

*****Chapter 29 - Yesterday *****

*****
Chapter 29 - Yesterday
*****

"Sorry we're late." Diego spoke first as he crashed down in the booth opposite Ashton.

"Yeah someone wouldn't get out of bed." Evan spoke as he sat next to Diego.

"It was not my fault, I was just so tired after being-" Oakley started as she sat next to Ashton.

"Stop!" Evan fired out at her, cutting her sentence off.

Ashton stared at the siblings blankly.

"What am I missing?" He asked Diego across the table.

"She slept with Ace last night and has taken to winding Evan up with the details." Diego mumbled. "Honestly I swear whenever they're together, they go right back to being kids."

"He started it." Oakley mumbled as she grabbed the menu and began flicking through.

"So where is the Merrill?" Ashton asked blankly as he briefly looked around.

"Gone to find Eyeball." Oakley replied as she picked her breakfast and then pulled out her half finished report. "Now I gotta finish this?"

"Why didn't you-" Ashton started but stopped as he saw Evan shaking his head furiously. "Nevermind."

*****

"So this is it right?" The Captain asked as he looked up at Ashton, Diego and Oakley.

They nodded as Ashton pointed down at their three collections of reports.

"Everything's there Cap." He mumbled as his eyes briefly flicked over to Oakley and Diego.

"There was something else Sir." Oakley started.

The Captain looked up at them expectantly. "What else is there?"

They hesitated.

"See, yesterday someone was seen going into Ace's house." Diego answered.

The Captain tensed slightly. "You sure?"

The trio nodded.

"Who saw it?"

Ashton opened his mouth to answer but Diego jumped in first.

"Doesn't matter, the witness just said it wasn't a cobra or someone from the View crew." He answered, ensuring Evan's name stayed out of it. "They said it was an older looking gentlemen."