Her back up

*****Chapter 22 - Her back up*****

*****
Chapter 22 - Her back up
*****

Oakley and Diego burst into the police station without hesitation, their guns instantly going up.

Carter jumped as he stood up, his hands automatically going up in the air.

"The hell are you-"

"Where's Jasper?!" Diego fired out frantically.

The Captain appeared as he was instantly startled and confused. "What the hell?!"

"WHERE'S JASPER?!" Diego shouted out louder.

The Captain and Carter looked about confused as Diego and Oakley quickly realised they had no idea.

"Is he-" The Captain started as he finally clicked.

Diego barely managed a nod as both him and Oakley separated. She took off towards the interrogation rooms, as Carter and The Captain both pulled their own firearms from them.

"CARTER!" His loud voice boomed instantly. "Check the break rooms and changing rooms! Diego! Holding cells are through there!" He gestured to another door.

Diego and Carter instantly nodded as the pair split up, leaving the Captain to go back into his office and make a radio call for all his officers out on the streets.

*****

Diego pressed himself against the wall as he took a few deep breaths, his gun held tightly in his hand as he slowly opened the door to the holding cells.

The large area was pitch black as he felt for the light.

Yet the switch wouldn't work.

The room stayed black as he crept further inside.

His senses heightened.

"Jasper?"

*****

Carter couldn't get his head around it.

Jasper was his lifelong best friend and colleague.

Jasper, the guy who went to church religiously every Sunday, said thanks before every meal, it just didn't fit the bill, he even believed in no sex before marriage.

But according to the reports, Oakley and Diego were never wrong.

His hand gripped his gun tighter as he slowly opened the door to the large changing rooms.