Relax Merrill

*****Chapter 11 - Relax Merrill*****

*****
Chapter 11 - Relax Merrill
*****

"So you found nothing?" Ashton asked as he looked between Diego and Oakley.

The pair exchanged a small look as they both shook their heads. They definitely agreed to keep it quiet.

To them, only them and the killer knew the two victims were forced to kneel.

"So where does that leave us?" Ashton asked as he was more confused than ever.

Oakley yawned as she looked at the clock. "It leaves us starving bloody hungry."

"What is it with you and food?" Ace asked her blankly.

"She gets bitchier if she doesn't eat." Diego answered as he gestured to her.

"I figured." Ace replied.

Oakley looked between the two shocked as she stood up.

"Well excuse me!" She snapped out. "I'm going to get food."

Ace and Diego instantly stood up as they both stared at each other.

"Brilliant." She mumbled as she grabbed her keys and left the room.

*****

"You're not seriously gonna stick to her like glue are you?" Diego asked as he watched Oakley standing in the line of the diner, from the car.

"I am not being accused of popping someone else off!" Ace spat out from his spot in the backseat.

"Who accused you of these two?" Diego asked curiously.

Ace shrugged. "Everyone but her."

Diego turned to face Ace. "Everyone?"

Ace scoffed as he gestured to himself. "You met me? I'm the town arsehole and that's even after Tom and his dead brother."

"Not sorry to see them go?"

Ace shook his head. "Couldn't pay me enough for that."

"Still a brutal way to go though don't you think?" Diego offered up, hoping to potentially get Ace to slip up.

"So the guy got shot?" Ace shrugged. "Who cares?"

"Still not a nice way to go." Diego mumbled.