The normal way

*****Chapter 30 - The normal way*****

*****
Chapter 30 - The normal way
*****

Unfortunately a search of Ace's place turned up nothing. No letter, nothing.

"This is pointless." Oakley sighed out as she crashed down on his sofa.

"Well we know he didn't get a letter?" Diego offered up.

"So where does that leave us now?" Carter asked as he looked around Ace's living room.

"It leaves us wondering what the hell is going on in Castle Rock." Ashton grumbled as he took a seat next to Oakley.

Footsteps were heard in the hall as Ace and Eyeball soon appeared, the rest of the cobras in tow as they all walked in confused.

"Am I just going to see a load of cops every time I come home because I'm starting to feel like a suspect again." Ace grumbled slightly as he looked between the four.

"We just had to check you didn't get a letter last night." Diego replied as he punched the bridge of his nose, this was the toughest and strangest case he'd ever worked.

"You'd think as four officers of the law, you'd know it's illegal to open someone else's mail right?" Ace offered up as his cobras began to sit down, still on edge by the four authority figures in Ace's living room.

"Carter got a letter this morning." Ashton grumbled as he began to rub his head with his own hands.

"Wow." Ace mumbled. "Who knew people got letters." He offered up sarcastically, causing a couple of the others to laugh.

"One we think Jasper also got, basically beginning the instructions he received to start killing you all." Diego fired out.

That stopped their laughter.

"Wait, I though Jasper was the one doing the killing?" Vince asked confused.

"He was." Oakley confirmed with a small nod. "However we think there was a bigger picture."

"There was a picture?" Jack asked, curious as to how a picture fit into all this.

"It's a metaphor idiot." Billy fired out. "Means Jasper wasn't working alone. Right?"

The officers all nodded.

"We think someone used Jasper's religion against him and made him think it was God telling him to do it all." Carter answered, the pain still clear in his voice over what his best friend might have gone through mentally.