42

"I applied to college."

Justin looked at me. His face almost read "you're joking right?". He didn't speak, he just looked at me.

"Say something.." I squeezed his knee.

"Um. Wow. I never remember you saying you wanted to go to school." He said to me looking dead into my eyes. I could feel a hint of anger in his voice.

"Well after I found out about you and Selena, I was very.. rash.. with my desicions. I am going to school for teaching."

"Teaching?" Justin sounded surprised.

"Yea?"

"Why be a teacher when being with me will support you even more?"

"Justin! I can't follow you around everywhere like a lost puppy!" I raised my voice. I loved him to death but I was independent and I certainly didn't need to depend on anyone.

"Morgan, what happened to our plans?" His voice got soft and calm.

Ever since Norway, Justin had this idea of moving me out to LA with him and after the Selena charade is over we would be together.He even suggested marriage.

He told me long elaborate fantasies of our children running around in matching outfits in the living room of his Cali mansion.

"You didn't actually think we could pull that off?"

He looked hurt after that. Justin had never looked at me the way he did. He stood up and walked to the frige, grabbing a beer. That seemed to be his only solution to problems. The first thing he did in an argument was grab a drink. I went after him.

"No drinking, let's talk. C'mon." I tugged at his arm.

"Ok. It's your choice Morgan. I'm leaving tomorrow, you either get on that plane with me or you don't."

Justin brushed past me and sat on the sofa. The anger was in his voice. I never meant to upset him, I honestly was expecting a happier reaction.

I stood behind Justin on the sofa. I wanted to scream out "I pick you baby!" but instead I walked up the stairs and into my room. This could be the end of us and it was all on me.