48

"You're joking right?"

"Nope."

"Oh my God." Justin breathed out heavily. For an entire minute, Justin stammered with incomplete words. I heard the bass line of Boyfriend start. He was busy rehersing. "I can't deal with this right now."

"Wha-"

"I gotta go. We're gonna get that thing out of you ok Morgan?" He said then hung up.

Justin just called our child 'that thing'. Did i dream that? I layed back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. My world was ending. I never wanted to talk or see Justin again.

If he was thinking of abortion he had another thing coming. Never in my life would I take the life from an unborn child, no matter what. I was having this baby, whether Justin claims it or not.

I weighed my options. I couldn't trust Justin and that was final.

I woke up the next afternoon to the sound of AnnaBelle opening my door. Her long hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she had on comfy clothes, yoga pants and a tee shirt.

"Hey." She spoke softly to me. AnnaBelle was never the nicest to me but I saw sympathy in her eyes.

"Hi."

She sat next to me on my bed and started rubbing my back. At first I was stiff but I loosened up. "I'm here for you Morgan. You know that right?" She asked me. I didn't know what to say. Her hand moved fluently across my muscles. "I know I will never be your mom, or even LIKE your mom but I'm here."

I looked up at her and for the first time, I saw the sweet motherly side of AnnaBelle. I liked it. I whispered a "thank you".

"When I was 16, I was pregnant." She said suddenly. I looked up at her shocked. "Yes," she chuckled. "I got knocked up by a guy who didn't even want to be with me. It wasn't love. I was a stupid girl." Anna shook her head and looked down at her lap.

It was my turn to do the comforting. I reached up and wiped away an escaping teardrop from her jawline. She smiled faintly then continued.

"I was so excited to marry your dad because I knew I would have a beautiful daughter that I coukd actually keep."

"What happened?"

"She didn't make it. I wanted a daughter that would call me mommy and tell me everything. Like bestfriends But I obviously fucked that up with you."

"We both did." I said.

"Well I'm here Morgan. How many tests did you take?" She asked me.

"One..?" I said almost like a question.

"You should always take more than one, just to make sure it's accurate.I'll pick up another for you on my way home okay? " She stood up and walked towards the door. I nodded at her and she slipped into the hallway.

She was the closest thing I had to a mom right now (besides Pattie but i couldn't tell Pat anything until I was absolutely sure) and I had to let her in with open arms if I wanted to get through this.