Chapter 3

Marissa's POV

My car door opened, and a hand reached out to help me exit. "Good morning Tony, how's the wife?"

"Doing well Ms. Ryland, thanks for asking. Will you be staying in today or needing the car?" Tony asked as he opened the door for me. "Mrs. Phelps is waiting in the foyer for you."

I groaned internally. Chloe was going to kill me for making us late. "I'll be down shortly, Tony. We will need the car," I told him as I hurried in to see a rather pissed-off best friend.

"You're late, again," she scolded me as she pulled me into a hug. I winced when her hand brushed the bandage on my back. I'd managed to conceal it under the dress but couldn't conceal the discomfort. Her eyes went wide as she pulled me into the elevator. "Rissa, what the fuck? How did this happen?"

I tried to brush it off, "It was just an accident, a few stitches and I'll be good as new in a few days." I rushed into the penthouse as the elevator doors opened. "Now come on, I need help getting dressed," I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the bedroom, slipping my clothes off as we walked. I heard her take in a sharp breath when she saw the marks across my back.

She stopped me and began to trace the marks with her fingertips, "Rissa, baby," she cooed as her head bent and she began kissing the whip marks.

"Chloe, we have to get to the office. Jackson will kill me if we're both late," I moaned as her hands began to knead my breasts.

She dropped to her knees and pulled down my panties, letting her tongue graze across my sensitive clit. "Let me worry about my husband, babygirl. Right now, I want to taste you." I moaned as she put my hand in her hair and then began lapping at my folds while cradling my ass. I cried out when her fingers slammed into me, making my knees shake and almost buckle. "That's it, baby, cum for me," she murmured against my clit, then began sucking as her fingers pumped into me faster. My hands tangled in her tawny hair as I screamed her name and climaxed hard.

She pulled back with a satisfied smile as I panted, my legs wobbling. "See, don't you feel better now," she teased. I shook my head in amusement as she stood and dragged me to the bathroom. "Okay, quick shower then we stop and grab treats for the meeting. We can blame our late arrival on the bakery." I swear she thinks of everything.

****

I took a deep breath as I stepped into Cupcakes Bakery. It was one of my favorite places in the city. They had amazing coffee and even more amazing desserts. "Hey sugar, how are you today?" the cute blonde behind the counter asked me as he flashed a heart-stopping smile.

"I'm good, Luke. Sorry, I haven't been in lately, how have you been?" I asked as I looked in the display cases.

"Same old, same old," he laughed, "Get up, make the donuts, go home, rinse and repeat." I giggled at his old commercial reference. "So the usual?"

Shaking my head, "Sadly, no. I'm late for a meeting and need to bribe my boss's forgiveness. Can I get an assortment of pastries, for about, um, fifteen? Then can you add a travel container of coffee with paper cups? Hopefully, he'll be so distracted with your treats he won't have time to notice how late I am."

Luke laughed as he set to selecting items and adding them to the box. "Here sugar, I gave you an even twenty. Do you want some help getting all this out to your car?"

Before I could answer, Chloe came in, "Hurry up babygirl. Jackson's getting pissy." My cheeks flushed at her use of my pet name in public. She never did that. "Oh, hey, let me grab those," she said, taking the coffee and cups from Luke.