Chapter 32

Marissa's POV

"Yes, Mr. Sterling, I'm looking forward to seeing you as well. Of course, thank you, sir," I hung up the phone and let my head fall in my hands. I'm not sure if I want to kiss or strangle Gabriel. News of his involvement in my Halloween party had made G&R the talk of the town and every client seemed to want to attend now. We'd even had to move the event to a larger venue.

"Is this a bad time?" Chloe asked, gently knocking on the door as she stuck her head in. "I can come back."

"Nonsense, come in. Save me," I joked. She fell into the chair across from me with a sigh. I noticed her complexion looked off like she hadn't been sleeping well. Her baby bump was just now becoming noticeable. "How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Well, that's what I wanted to talk about. I know we had planned on me coming over with the boys over a few weeks ago, but then Jackson showed up suddenly, "she said cautiously, "He, um, well, he's out of town again for business," she used air quotes around the words for business and made a face. "I wondered if we could come over this weekend instead?"

"Actually, that'd be perfect," I said. "I don't have any plans, and it will be an excuse to avoid work calls." I grinned, "We can watch movies and binge on ice cream after the kids go to bed."

Her eyes almost glazed with happiness, "Ohh, could you get sea-salt caramel ice cream?" She clapped her hands together, "I'll bring stuff to do our nails!"

I giggled. I'd missed this. Sometimes I just wish I could take Jackson out of the equation and keep Chloe all to myself. Hell, I'd even keep the kids - I love kids. I'd always wanted them, and Winston and I had been trying before the accident. "Sounds like the perfect night! How about I send the car to pick you three up, say eleven tomorrow morning?"

"Let's say closer to noon. The morning sickness ritual should be passed by then," Chloe laughed and rubbed her stomach. "This little guy is very stubborn."

****

I'd gotten lost in my contracts again when another knock surprised me. I looked up to see Gabe's blue eyes watching me. He had a garment bag over his shoulder and a mischievous smirk on his face. "Hey spitfire, how are you?"

I gave him a genuine smile, "So much better now." He stepped in, letting the door close behind him as he met me halfway across the floor. He pulled me against him, his mouth covering mine. I swear I could get lost in his kisses. The garment bag was draped over the back of the chair and his arms wrapped around me tighter. I let everything leave my mind and melted into his embrace. We were breathless when our lips parted.

"I think someone really needed that," Gabe chuckled, pressing his lips to my forehead as I let out a soft hum. "We've all fucking missed you. Do you want to spend the weekend at our place?"

I let out a sigh, "I can't. Chloe and the boys are coming over tomorrow for a movie night." He gave me a questioning look. "I'm not the only one Jackson's been acting odd around," I explained. "She thinks he's having an affair or something. I guess they've been struggling for a while and she just needs a friendly ear. I invited her to bring the boys over and relax. We're binging on Disney movies, ice cream, and painting our nails - a very exciting night," I giggled.

He sighed, "Then I guess it's a good thing I fucking brought your costume to you." He pointed to the garment bag, "But you aren't allowed to see it until Halloween night, understand?" I nodded, "Good girl." I shivered. "Now, since we are going to be denied the pleasure of your company this fucking weekend, you can join us for dinner tonight." I started to protest due to work but was quickly silenced with another kiss. "It wasn't a request, little girl," he said.