Chapter 36

Corey's POV

When I got the call from Victor, I was shocked. None of us had spoken much since they left the Academy, and not at all since Sang left. They didn't even know about Kaylie. That was going to be one really awkward conversation. When I opened the file and saw who they were researching and who they were working with I swore, "Son of a bitch!"

"Solnechnyy svet, what's wrong?" Raven asked, charging into the room, buck naked, gun drawn.

My eyes bulged, then I burst out laughing. He looked at me in confusion. "Honey, can you put the gun away - both of them," I snorted.

He looked down and smirked. "But Solnechnyy svet, you like this gun," he said in a sultry tone as he began to stroke himself. I felt myself getting hard as I watched him, my mouth watering. He bent over, his lips closing around mine. "Come back to bed, muzh."

I groaned, "I wish, but you need to see this." I patted the chair next to me and turned one of the screens. "Victor just sent this. I guess they're involved with JD - although I don't know if it's work or personal, maybe both. But look at the person they're wanting a background check on."

He slammed his fist on the desk, making it shake, "Mne nuzhno bol'she oruzhiya! Kak oni smeyut prichinyat' vred malen'koy rasputnitse! YA ub'yu ikh, potom ub'yu yeshche," he roared. (I need more guns! How dare they harm little minx! I'll kill them, then kill them some more).

"Raven, calm down," I said, pulling at his arm. He growled but seemed to relax a bit. "Let's head over to the Blackbourne's and fill them in as best we can." He grumbled and nodded his head as he picked up his gun. With a rough kiss, he stormed into the bedroom, to get dressed I assumed. Just then my phone pinged.

JD: Hear you are coming for a visit today?

DM: Yes little lady, Raven and I will be there. How much do they know?

JD: only G&R - please don't mention Crescent. I haven't told them yet.

DM: you can't keep secrets... they come back to haunt you

JD: I know ... it's complicated

DM: uncomplicate it...they will understand, far better than you realize

JD: fine *huff*

DM: So which one of them is the hardcore - Owen

JD: *snort* try Owen and Kota

DM: What???? No fucking way...

JD: He's more hardcore than Owen...it's hot as fuck

DM: Damn baby, I can feel the moisture in your panties from here *fanning myself* I think this is going to be one helluva visit

JD: You should bring Kaylie - I could use some girl support

DM: ... um, sweetie, she's gone

JD: gone? What do you mean gone?

DM: she overdosed about a year ago. She had a miscarriage and the grief was more than she could take.

JD: OMG! Corey, I'm so sorry, why didn't you guys call? I would have come, I would have tried to help, oh, I'm so sorry...

DM: I know you would have, and that's exactly why we didn't reach out. You were dealing with your own drama, and honestly, we needed to deal with it as a family.