Chapter 100

Multiple POVs

Marissa's POV

It's like I've been in a fog forever. Sean and Lilly had been meeting with the three of us daily for almost a month now and still, there were times when my memory would become scrambled and I'd have to have someone walk me through a timeline of my life again. Kota had created a timeline of events for me to see and Gabe had added photos to help me connect better.

"Come in," I called, hearing a quick knock on my door. I turned to see Axel poke his head inside. "Axel," I sighed.

"Hey Angel, how are you feeling today?" He came and sat at the edge of my bed, his hand resting on my ankle.

"Pregnant, very, very pregnant," I groaned. "And a bit scared. What happens if I forget her - even for a minute?"

"Oh, Angel, you won't forget her. We won't let you," he crooned as he pulled me into a hug, well sort of a hug.

My huge belly kept us apart. I was due in less than two weeks and beyond nervous. Sean had been adamant about a second amnio test due to all the drugs Murdoch and the Academy had forced into my system. Thankfully, nothing appeared to be wrong with either of us as far as chemistry goes.

"Come on, let's go get some breakfast," he said, taking my hand as we headed to the dining room. I took a deep breath, letting the fresh flowers fill my senses. Spring in Italy was one of my favorite times of the year. Everything seemed so clean and alive. It made me feel alive again. It made my heart happy when we stepped in and I saw Nate wrapped in Kota's arms, laughing and talking to Corey and Raven.

I smelled his cologne before I felt his arms around me. "Hey beautiful," Victor's deep voice purred against my ear. "You both look good today." He stooped and pressed a kiss to my belly.

"Victor," I said, taking his cheeks in my hands to press a kiss to his lips. His unshaven face tickled my lips and I giggled. "Are you starting a beard?" I teased.

He rubbed the scruff and grinned, "Perhaps I should. Would you like that, my love?" He nuzzled my cheek gently.

"Hmm, I'm not sure. You always look so polished, but I must say this is a sexy look. Of course, it would be better with just your pajama pants and me in just one of your white button-up shirts," I batted my eyelashes innocently as he growled.

"Sean, are you sure she can't have sex?" he playfully groaned.

"Extremely sure. Now sweetheart, stop teasing your men," he winked and chided me.

I pouted, sticking out my lip, "Fine, but you all better be in tip-top shape when I'm cleared."

Silas let out a booming laugh, "Oh, agápi, I think it is you who will need to be in shape. We can still practice."

"Hey! That's not fair," I complained. "New rule - If I can't have sex until after Aurora is born, then none of you can have sex with each other until I'm cleared. I shouldn't have to suffer alone," I huffed.

Luke almost spit out his coffee, "What? You don't really mean that, do you, sugar?" I nodded as his face paled. "Um, Sean, can she do anything? I mean I know not vaginal, but what about anything else? You gotta give me something here, love," he whined.

I giggled as Sean laughed and said, "Well, if she is up to it, then oral would be acceptable until the birth, but if she has to do a cesarean, then she won't be able to do that either. So are you agreeable to those ground rules, sweetheart?" He asked me with a grin.

With a wicked grin, I replied, "Oh, I'm very agreeable to those ground rules."

Gabe snorted, "Better watch out husbands - Spitfire is making plans already."

I started to reply when a loud blaring sound suddenly went off. We were all looking around confused when Dominic ran into the room in a panic. "Jackson," he said almost out of breath, "He...he's escaped."

I felt my blood run cold and my vision clouded for a moment, then I found myself walking out the door with the others following and shouting at me to stop. I don't know why I went to the gardens. It was as if I were being led. I stopped when I saw his huddled form near the rose bushes. "Marissa?" he gasped.

"Hello Jackson," I answered coldly. He didn't move, just stared at me in disbelief. "What are you doing?"

"Shh, they'll hear you," he whimpered, "We need to go now."

I laughed, "I'm not going anywhere with you Jackson - not now, not ever again."

"Rissa," he pleaded, then his eyes went wide as I heard the other catch up to us. "We have to go, we can find Kyle and start over," he begged one last time.

Brandon's POV

"Not going to happen, Porter. Murdoch's dead and the Academy is finished. Hell, I'd even forgotten you were in the cells honestly. Should have finished you off a long time ago," Dominic growled as he cocked his gun and aimed it at him.

"You won't let them kill me, Rissa. You love me, remember baby," he said in a pleading tone. The sick fuck really believed he loved her and worse that she loved him in return.

"What you did to me isn't love, Jackson," she said with a sad look in her eyes. "I cared for you once, and who knows, maybe it could have been more, but you destroyed that a long time ago." She took a step towards him, putting herself between Jackson and Dominic's aim.

"Flower, move," he told her. "He isn't worth saving."

"See, I knew you wouldn't let them kill me," Jackson said with a satisfied smirk.

"You're right. I'm not going to let them kill you," she said and pulled out the knife we didn't even know she had. In a flash, it sailed from her hold and landed in his throat. A second knife flew as she spoke coldly, "Because that honor goes to me and me alone." She stepped to his bleeding form as he gasped for breath and knelt down. Running a hand over his forehead, she whispered, "Say hello to Kyle and my father for me in whatever hellscape you all end up in," and then she shoved both blades deep into his throat as he gurgled his last breath.

We all stood in stunned silence. I'd never seen her take a life and it was a bit unnerving.

She stood, wiping the blood on her dress, and gave a smirk, "What? Raven doesn't get to have all the fun."

He let out a howling laugh and scooped her up bridal style, "That's my malen'kaya shalun'ya!"

Author's Notes: Short I know, but I think they all needed some much overdue closure.